Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did some of you set up your party?

Default How did some of you set up your party?

Which materia did you consider the most important to use and who became what for your team?

Just looking for some ideas here, were there any chars that are pretty worthless to level up or all pretty decent if up?
    -=-Setharion-=-
    If you love RPGs check out this link:http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/?u=setharion

some consider it cheating, but if you make good gil, a ton of HP plus is nice , purchase at Cosmo or Mideel
    Last edited by thegirth; 01-18-2007 at 07:16 AM. Reason: purchase info

I once did a game where each character was given their own Materia setup to match a job class from an FF game, and I'd rotate them as I went along. I used a Time Mage, White Mage and Ninja for the final battle, those being Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie repsectively.

Approximate setups according to what appears if I load the save file in the JENOVA editor, and no I didn't cheat these. Nicknames included too, I came up with weird names based on the character's usual name...

Cloud - Time Mage - Loud
    Time-Added Effect, Comet, Exit, Demi, W-Magic
    Time-All, Restore-All (for Regen), HP Plus, W-Item

No Time-Added Effect in the armour, as it makes him immune to Haste, oddly enough.

Barret - Knight - Mallet
    Counter Attack, Cover, Long Range, Chocobo Lure, Luck Plus, Cover
    HP Plus, Deathblow

Lots of Luck modifiers to make him score critical hits

Tifa - White Mage - Pizza
    Destruct, Revive, Heal, FullCure
    Barrier-All, Restore-All, Shield, Magic Plus, Restore-MP Turbo

Very straightforward. I realise Destruct has Death, but what can you do about that eh?

Red XIII - Black Mage - Red&Green
    A load of damage spell materia, but for some reason it's all unequipped. Oh well.

Yuffie - Ninja/Thief (Think FF1) - Hoopy
    Throw, Double Cut, Morph-Command Counter, Steal

Straightforward. I murdered the final boss with Double Cut. I think I gave her Mime at some point too...

Cait Sith - Blue Mage - 8-bit
    Enemy Skill, Manipulate, Sense, Magic Plus

Another simple one; this guy's awesome once you get all the Enemy Skills.

Vincent - Summoner - Dissent
    Apparently giving someone every summon is severely detrimental to their HP, but I don't like Vincent so it's all cool.

Cid - Status Ailments guy (aka I ran out ideas here) - Literate (Don't ask me how I came up with the name either)
    Just gave him every status ailment casting materia. Nothing too special. Made sure he had accessories that put his strength back up too.

This was the most fun game of FF7 I ever played, and you should give it a try.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 01-18-2007 at 08:02 AM.

i tend to judge which to give who based upon hp. say with cloud and aerith, aerith has less hp so i wud giv her things like command materia and cloud more magic materia, and so on

Why do you imprison your saviour?

that was an awesome list to read

Quote Originally Posted by thegirth View Post
    some consider it cheating, but if you make good gil, a ton of HP plus is nice , purchase at Cosmo or Mideel
    That's not cheating at all. Abusing the W-Item thing to make a whole bunch of Sylkis Greens (or other expensive battle item) to sell on in order to get said Materia would be cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by thegirth View Post
    It's not cheating since there is nothing really 'wrong' with that. That's like saying it's cheating to have one Restore materia on each party member at all times, or using Knights of the Round once. And yes, it's a great idea to have a bunch of HP Plus.

Restore is good to have, as well as Time. Steal is great.

I don't really go by character stats, though I try not to put too much Materia on Aeris early on until she has a good amount of Max HP. Other than that I just put on whatever Materia on whichever character I feel like.

Cool idea, Psi. That would be a pretty fun way of playing.

My party generally consists of Barret and Cid. I occasionally use Yuffie for Morphing things. Tifa would be in my final party instead of Cid if it wasn't for the crappy power-up on her Premium Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Tifa would be in my final party instead of Cid if it wasn't for the crappy power-up on her Premium Heart.
    Yup, that's pretty much why I made her a "mage".

I usually use Cloud, Tiffa, Barret for my final party but they are about the same level as everyone else. I usually have Cloud use the majority of the magic materia and Barret use the steal, mime, etc materia and Tifa heals. I havent played in awhile so what is the upgrade on the premium heart?

Quote Originally Posted by MustangCobraSVT View Post
    I usually use Cloud, Tiffa, Barret for my final party but they are about the same level as everyone else. I usually have Cloud use the majority of the magic materia and Barret use the steal, mime, etc materia and Tifa heals. I havent played in awhile so what is the upgrade on the premium heart?
    The Premium Heart's power depends on how many times Tifa missed the slot wheels during her Limits.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ooh, I like the list, Psi. That should make FFVII more interesting. The characters are so much like eachother in this game. I wonder if this would work well in FFVIII too.

I'm actually playing through FFVII right now so I think I'm gonna change it to your style. Just got to Nibelheim.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Vincent - Summoner - Dissent
    Apparently giving someone every summon is severely detrimental to their HP, but I don't like Vincent so it's all cool.
    Gasp! Vincent's cool even though all I gave Vincent Was deathblow but It worked out fine.
    Red was my summoner, still liked him though. It just looks cool when he howls and a summon spirit comes. Also, the fact that they both had their ultimate weapons and limit breaks put them in my final party.I mean, when Cloud's dead, Red's confused and Vincent is chaos, that last blow came in handy.
    Last edited by Edge7; 01-20-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangCobraSVT View Post
    The Premium Heart's power depends on how many times Tifa missed the slot wheels during her Limits.
    The power of Premium Heart depends on how full her Limit Gauge is multiplied by the current Limit Level.

Or, if you want to be technical,

Power = [Power * [Tifa's Limit Level * Limit Bar Units / 16] / 16] + 1

You can have a maximum of 255 Limit Bar Units (full Limit Gauge)

So for maximum benefit, get her Limit Gauge full and use Mug or Deathblow.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 01-20-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Endless. View Post
    The power of Premium Heart depends on how full her Limit Gauge is multiplied by the current Limit Level.

Or, if you want to be technical,

Power = [Power * [Tifa's Limit Level * Limit Bar Units / 16] / 16] + 1

You can have a maximum of 255 Limit Bar Units (full Limit Gauge)

So for maximum benefit, get her Limit Gauge full and use Mug or Deathblow.
    I never knew that, I always wondered why I was doind ass for damage with Tifa, she was always in my party, and was pretty high leveled. I will do the suggestions Endless