Thread: what job combo works against Odin?

Default what job combo works against Odin?

title says it all

DS version ofcourse
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Any job combo can work on an enemy, just need the right tactics. A knight may be a good idea, equipped with two shields, have him defend everyturn to protect anyone who ends up with very little health. Really, you can use any party, just pick your favorite.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

The guide says to be at least the same level as him (40). I say use a White Mage or Devout, Dragoon to use jump in order to avoid Zantetsuken, Warrior or Knight, and another attacking job.

So,

Be at Lv. 40 or above
    White Mage or Devout
    Dragoon
    Warrior or Knight
    Attacking Job

Preferrably:

Level 45
    Devout
    Dragoon
    Knight
    Black Belt

don't kille odin untill you have a level 71 theif!! if you want the second best dragoon weapon, steal it.
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Do you have to be at least job lv. 71 with a theif?

yes that's what the guide says, and I found out it was right after testing it
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

But even being 71 doesn't guarantee it. I went in with an 84 thief and got an Elixir.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

I just beat him last night without stealing at all. I can handle Magic Lance and Holy Lance.

Blog Entries

I beat him with 2 Dragoons (one died), a Geomancer (died), and a thief (who lived). I was around level 34 or 35. However, I turned the game off after beating him. I beat him just for fun, but now I'm Job Grinding my Thief so he can steal the weapon from Odin.

Hmm, see I don't recall that in the original version... is that the only way you can get that weapon? And if so, are there any other weapons that can only be obtained from stealing?

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    But even being 71 doesn't guarantee it. I went in with an 84 thief and got an Elixir.
    than you did something wrong, cuz it works every time, are you sure it was odin?

alright thanks guys, i'll see what i can do after picking up a few tricks you threw out there.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Banned

Strongest attackers you can find and one or two healers.
    Keep attacking and healing forever and have your Phoenix Downs and Life spells ready.

Actually, this strategy works against most bosses in the RPG world.

RECOMMENDED PARTY!
    Knight - (Two Swords)
    Knight - (Two Swords)
    White Mage - (Healer, always have him use Cure4 and similar stuff)
    Black Mage - (Fire3 works well)

yeah, just make sure you have a 71 theif.