Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: goooo pats (NFL playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Yes, but the thing about Brady is that he is the product of his surrounding cast.
    And that's why the Patriots still went 12-4 with a nearly completely new (and honestly not so talented) receiving core, right? I mean, I really don't like Tom Brady, but I'll admit he's a damn good QB.

And oh look, the people who predicted LJ would "easily" go over 150 against the Colts today were only over a hundred off. I still think Baltimore will beat them next week, but the desire that the D and their run offense is showing is starting to look a little scary.

Also, the Seahawks continue to unimpress me. For such a talent-laden offense, they've been looking really flat on that side lately. Babineax came to play on D though.

To end, I don't get how you can hate so bad on San Fran. Alex Smith is looking better, Arnaz Battle and Antonio Bryant are underrated young WR's, Vernon Davis is still an athletic freak, and oh right, there's this youngin named Frank "The Tank" Gore who rushed for over 1600 yards with a 5.4 YPC average (higher than LJ and LT). They have all the makings to develop into an explosive offense. If they can string together a decent defense in the draft and free agency this offseason, I wouldn't take them lightly next year.
    What I've been listening to:

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Yes, but the thing about Brady is that he is the product of his surrounding cast. Romo has no such (major) advantage.
    The funny thing is, none of them were considered good until after they won with Brady. Bledsoe had the same people for years, was considered great, and never did crap.

THE JACKAL
    Okay, to Bledsoe's credit, while he was at New England, he DID have three seasons of 4,000+ passing yards (which only a few other quarterbacks have done, some before him, some since), and did lead his team to Super Bowl XXXI, but Brett Favre proved to be the better QB (also factor in that Bledsoe had to deal with the late Reggie White, who was THE sack master back in the day). And, I'd also like to point out that in the season Brady took over for Bledsoe due to injury, Brady was injured in the AFC Championship Game, obviously leaving Bledsoe to take over for the rest of the game. The Pats won that game. So technically, Bledsoe took the Pats to another SB. When word got out that Brady was healthy enough to play in the SB against the Rams, that created a quarterback controversy in the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl (much like the quarterback controversy that had been created that season), and Belichick stuck with his hot hand as he had throughout that season, which was Brady. Bledsoe's career, as we all know, went dowhill since then.

And frankly, as for Bledsoe's latest replacement, I feel that Romo's run on the botched FG hold probably should have been ruled a first down and not a turnover on downs, because a) he was down BEFORE he lost control of the ball (such was the ruling on the field), and b) when he was down, the ball had crossed the 1 yard line, which was where they needed to get to in order to get the first down to begin with. So that was a pretty iffy call right there.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 01-07-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    And frankly, I feel that Romo's run on the botched FG hold probably should have been ruled a first down and not a turnover on downs, because a) he was down BEFORE he lost control of the ball (such was the ruling on the field), and b) when he was down, the ball had crossed the 1 yard line, which was where they needed to get to in order to get the first down to begin with. So that was a pretty iffy call right there.
    He was down at the 2. Not a first down. He was down before he lost control of the ball. His knee touched down before the rest of his body did. I would have liked to have seen somebody get in the endzone though for a possible TD catch on that play, though. Can't count on that to happen, though.

I honestly don't think there was enough evidence on the field to overturn the spot of the ball on the previous play, though. If anything, the new spot was waaaaay too far the other way.

I'm also very ticked about the numerous holding calls on Cowboys defensive backs that were not there, and the PI call in the endzone that was just a pathetic call. Yes, they stopped them on 4th down that possession, but I was also reminded of the last time such a play happened, when they got safetied also, in the Washington game. I also thought Glenn didn't make the catch in the first place. But such is life. If Fate wants to do that, then so be it. I thought I'd feel a lot worse than I do. It's not like we were going to beat the Bears or Saints, anyway. But it really sucks to lose on such fluke plays. I would have been fine had we actually gotten beat, but we had to beat ourselves. And so it goes, I guess.

The point that Bledsoe took over in that game, the Pats were already leading, he just had to not lose the lead. Bledsoe may have been this great QB according to people, but having been a Pats fan since I was born, my dad having season tickets for almost 40 years now, and he never won crap. I'm sorry, say Peyton Manning is the best QB, and I'll laugh. Who cares what your stats are if you never win the big game. Good sure, but not this amazing QB they make him to be. I'd take Brady over him any day, because Brady has proven he can win the big games, even down at the wire.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I'm guessing you're not a big Dan Marino fan then?
    What I've been listening to:

Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    I'm guessing you're not a big Dan Marino fan then?
    Nope not at all... I'm a Pats fan, we don't like the Dolphins or those associated with them.

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    And frankly, I feel that Romo's run on the botched FG hold probably should have been ruled a first down and not a turnover on downs, because a) he was down BEFORE he lost control of the ball (such was the ruling on the field), and b) when he was down, the ball had crossed the 1 yard line, which was where they needed to get to in order to get the first down to begin with. So that was a pretty iffy call right there.
    He was down at the 2. Not a first down. He was down before he lost control of the ball. His knee touched down before the rest of his body did. I would have liked to have seen somebody get in the endzone though for a possible TD catch on that play, though. Can't count on that to happen, though.

I honestly don't think there was enough evidence on the field to overturn the spot of the ball on the previous play, though. If anything, the new spot was waaaaay too far the other way.

I'm also very ticked about the numerous holding calls on Cowboys defensive backs that were not there, and the PI call in the endzone that was just a pathetic call. Yes, they stopped them on 4th down that possession, but I was also reminded of the last time such a play happened, when they got safetied also, in the Washington game. I also thought Glenn didn't make the catch in the first place. But such is life. If Fate wants to do that, then so be it. I thought I'd feel a lot worse than I do. It's not like we were going to beat the Bears or Saints, anyway. But it really sucks to lose on such fluke plays. I would have been fine had we actually gotten beat, but we had to beat ourselves. And so it goes, I guess.
    Well, I most certainly feel your pain. But as Cowboys fans, you and I need to look at it this way; this gives T.O. an opportunity to finally get surgery on his hand, and gives him a whole...what, six, seven months to recover before training camp? It also allows Greg Ellis that same amount of time to recover from HIS injury (we were certainly missing HIM for the last four weeks). And most importantly, it gives us that same six or seven months to at the very least trade Bledsoe away and get us a new backup (HOPEFULLY not Testaverde again; with him, he'll just pass it to Lito Sheppard, and say "But his jersey didn't look green to me; I could've sworn his jersey was white. I even saw the blue numbers on it!" Not that I have anything against colorblind people, but that is CERTAINLY a liability at the QB position.) And most importantly, I look at this as just another learning experience for such a young QB like Tony Romo. Now I know what Parcells meant by "But we've still got ways to go here, so put the anointing oil away."

The point that Bledsoe took over in that game, the Pats were already leading, he just had to not lose the lead. Bledsoe may have been this great QB according to people, but having been a Pats fan since I was born, my dad having season tickets for almost 40 years now, and he never won crap. I'm sorry, say Peyton Manning is the best QB, and I'll laugh. Who cares what your stats are if you never win the big game. Good sure, but not this amazing QB they make him to be. I'd take Brady over him any day, because Brady has proven he can win the big games, even down at the wire.

THE JACKAL
    I stand corrected then. I just looked up his post-season win/loss record on his Wikipedia article, and that should prove enough about him; 3-3. Perhaps I should've rooted for the Cheeseheads in Super Bowl XXXI, like my parents did. Besides, I never was a Pats fan, so that shows how much I know about Bledsoe's career there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

KB you're awesome.

That was a great game to watch. Awesome finish.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

wow, I can't believe Dallas lost... wow I thought they'd be going atleast to the NFC championship.

Well another great game for the Pats, on to San Diego. That should be a great game.

Giants v Eagles.... I honestly can't believe the Giants have a chance of winning

THE JACKEL

Well another great game for the Pats, on to San Diego. That should be a great game.

Giants v Eagles.... I honestly can't believe the Giants have a chance of winning

THE JACKAL
    Yeah, seriously. Giants have no chance.

All I know is that I want Westbrook to run alot today Fantasy leagues, make me biased against even the teams I want to win haah.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Well for a team that had 'no chance', the Giants didn't do too badly in the end, though on balance Philadelphia probably deserved the win.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by m4tt View Post
    Chargers vs Saints in the superbowl. It's destiny.
    well done picking the two highest favored teams... that takes real talent
    Yeah, I picked my favorite team, and the team that one of my favorite players went to. I didn't realize I was so talented.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

3 of my wild card picks were right. freaking LJ only got 12 carries.

I'm going with pats over charger, baltimore over indy, saints over eagles, seahawks over bears.

I'm just feeling lucky with the pats pick.

Baltimore with control the game.

Saints are too much of a power to loose.

The Seahawks will win on a rex grossman pick

thanks blitz ace for the sig

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I unsurpisingly went 1-3 in the first round. I went for the under dog KC over Indy and I refuse to give the Patriots any credit.

Lets see how I do in round 2.

Pats lose
    Bears lose

Those are my two not giving them any credit picks

Now for the other two.

Saints win
    Baltimore win