Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Thread: goooo pats (NFL playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    It's obviously Bears over colts I hope everyone doubts the Bears again these two week so we can upset everyone again!
    You mean like it was obvious that Larry Johnson would run for 150+ versus the Colts? And how the Ravens D was obviously just too much for them? And how Peyton would obviously choke against his rival team the Patriots? I thought all this would happen so much so that I lost money betting against the Colts.

Everyone doubted the Colts waaaaaay more than the Bears (me especially). I mean, the only person on the Bears that was super suspect was Grossman. And even then, the NFC is ridiculously weak this year. Honestly, seeds one through four of the AFC are on a much higher level than any team in the NFC this year.

I'm not even a big fan of the Colts (they kill my Broncos in the playoffs), but Peyton and Dungy deserve everything they've got this year. This was supposed to be the year the Colts fell without Edge. After allowing 100 rushing yards every single game, they were supposed to get run over easily in the playoffs. When the odds were against them and with the media constantly trying to find reasons for them to fail, they've come up big. I hope they win the Superbowl so everyone can shut up and finally not have any excuse to praise Manning as the great QB he is and Dungy as the great coach he is.
    What I've been listening to:

Blog Entries

Trying to find reasons for Colts the to fail?That's because up until this year they HAD failed to beat the Pats. they could never do it until now.And jesus, all I've heard since week 6 Hell since week 2 is how the Bears shouldn't have the record they have.

Who ever says that the Bears defense is overrated? Or their running game? As I said, the only suspect part of the Bears has been Grossman. People never doubted the Bears ability, they only pointed out that other than the Seahawks, the Bears only played one other team that finished over .500 and that's the Patriots (who they lost to). Just like the Colts, the Bears gained respect back by beating a very hot New Orleans Saints team by a blowout. But even then, that's still the NFC. The Colts have had a much tougher schedule.

I'm not saying the Bears are bad by any means (it should be a pretty good game), but to say that they have had more criticism and general naysaying than the Colts as a whole is ludicrous.
    What I've been listening to:

Blog Entries

But really besides the horrid D and that ahs stepped up in the postseason Manning is the only thing this post season that has sucked for them and he played awsome all season. It was just their run d that got the criticism. The bears defense has been questioned hardcore the last month into the playoffs, also the offense in general really wasn't doing much. I know that we have the easiest schedule but who the hell decides that? I mean it's not like lovie and grossman say hey we want all the ty teams in NFC north this year! it just happens. I can't help that noone in the NFC north could really do anything, or anyone in the NFC in general really. In 5 years or so the NFC will be better and the AFC will suck again adn it will flip flop every so often.

Trying to find reasons for Colts the to fail?That's because up until this year they HAD failed to beat the Pats. they could never do it until now.
    And funny enough, if you watched the game, half the time you heard and the former Patriot makes the catch. And on comes the former Patriot to take the kick. Half the Colts team is former Patriots lol

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I'm so very glad that the old Golden Boy just couldn't find it within him to pull yet another uncalled-for victory out of the deep depths of his anus.

I was ready to break something valuable had he done it.

But, luckily Manning stepped up, thus preventing me from going absolutely ballistic.

Colts over Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ffxatticus View Post
    yeah, but say hobbs was turned around and looking. It would not have made a difference in the play result for the colts, in fact he probably would have intercepted the pass. Thats what I don't get.
    What I don't get, is if I'm running after you and the ball hits me in the back of the head, wouldn't that be the same thing? Oh, and there was a play when a Pats receiver went up to catch it, so the guy started to tackle him, before the ball got there, so he ended up not catching it. I'd think that'd be interference. I don't quite understand those rules I guess...
    If I remember the play you are talking about it was decided that the contact had nothing to do with the reciever catching the ball, which was why pass interference was not called. That or the ball was barely tipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If was pass interference because he jumped up in order to obstruct the view of the receiver. He wasn't actually covering him. He just jumped up randomly with his back towards the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    How do the Bears put you to sleep? I understand not a great offense, btu the defense pulls some crazy out of their asses.
    I just don't find defensive football to be that entertaining to watch.
    If it weren't for defense, then sports would be totally one-sided. I often wonder why a bias against defense even exists, when it has been proven time and time again that defense wins more championships than lack thereof does. 2000 Baltimore Ravens or 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I will doubt the Bears just like I did all season. Screw you Bears. GOOOOO COLTS!
    Packers fans don't count. For anything.
    Just when I thought there wasn't a rivalry anywhere near as volatile as the Cowboys/Redskins/Eagles/Giants rivalry (aka, the NFC East Rivalry)...And speaking of the Green Bay Cheeseheads, I'm still waiting on word as to whether or not Brett Favre is gonna retire.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 01-24-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Blog Entries

If you like chicago obviously you don't like green bay and vice versa.

If you like chicago obviously you don't like green bay and vice versa.
    Yeah, pretty much. I'll admit the Bears are a good team but ... Colts need to win it
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm not saying defense isn't important to winning, I'm just saying games are a lot more boring when a lot of points aren't being scored. Defensive teams are not as fun to watch as offensive teams, in general. If a scores a lot of points but always loses, then that of course is not as fun to watch as a defensive team winning.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'll be happy if either Lovie Smith (Greatest Ironic Football first name EVER) or Tony Dungy win because both emulate class first and truly have perspective about life, realizing that at the end of the day, it IS just a game, and family and for them, faith, are much more important, as it should be.

I've been way off these entire playoffs, but here goes:

Colts: 27
    Bears: 24

MVP: Adam Vinatieri, kicking yet another game winning field goal.

Really, I just hope for a close game, not a blow-out, in either direction.

Take care all.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well obviously one of them is going to win, Cap.

Also, I don't think a kicker will ever get MVP.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Well obviously one of them is going to win, Cap.

Also, I don't think a kicker will ever get MVP.
    Unless, of course, the Super Bowl ends up just like the Colts/Ravens playoff game, where only field goals are being scored the whole game. And although there has never been a shutout in Super Bowl history, only one time has a team been held without a touchdown in a Super Bowl, and that occurred in Super Bowl VI. Needless to say, that team (the Miami Dolphins) lost that Super Bowl 24-3.

That being said, I think the top candidates for Super Bowl MVP are Peyton Manning, Joseph Addai, Brian Urlacher, Rex Grossman, Devin Hester, and maybe Marvin Harrison, though historically, Peyton Manning and Rex Grossman have the highest chances, so long as their team wins, and Hester probably has the lowest chance of all the possible candidates. A QB has won the SB MVP more times than any other position. By contrast, a kick/punt returner has only won that award ONCE. The irony of Hester winning it is this; the only two kick/punt returners to win the SB MVP award come from rival teams, Hester with the Bears, and Desmond Howard (so far not only the only kick/punt returner to win the award, but the only special teams player period to win it) with the Cheeseheads. Chances of a player on a losing team are even slimmer, as only ONCE has a player on the losing team won the Super Bowl MVP, and that is Chuck Howley of the SB V runner-up Dallas Cowboys.