Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: goooo pats (NFL playoffs)

Default goooo pats (NFL playoffs)

well...the playoffs are coming up and I've made my prediction.

Pats over New Orleans. I know its a long shot for the pats in the afc, but anythings possible with brady.

Anyone else making there predictions?

thanks blitz ace for the sig

Blog Entries

Saint's - Chargers.
    possibly Bears. One can only wish.

It's a longshot, but here's my prediction: Cowboys over Ravens (that's right; if anyone can stop LaDainian Tomlinson, it's the Ravens D), with Tony Romo becoming the second quarterback to benefit from Drew Bledsoe being benched by winning the Super Bowl MVP (first since Brady)!
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 01-03-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The Pats will be lucky to beat the Jets.

San Diego over Philadelphia in the Super Bowl. The NFC is tough to predict, so Philadelphia could just as easily be, say, Dallas or Seattle or even Chicago. San Diego is playing by far the best football and is a tough team. Unlike the wimpy Colts from last year who was the first seed, I'm not going to go against the Chargers.

Articles

Considering my preseason picks went horribly wrong, feel free to ignore me here.

The only reason the Giants are in the playoffs is because of Tiki Barber. They just got beat by this same Eagles team a few weeks ago, a team that suddenly looks like a revitalized squad under Jeff Garcia. New York still isn't that healthy (no Toomer, no Shockey, no Nate Webster), Eli Manning still isn't that good... Plus consider the fact that Eagles can *gasp* run the football! That's something they've never done particularly well, but I suspect the Giants don't have an answer for Brian Westbrook. You're telling me this won't be a repeat of the waxing they got last year from Carolina? Thanks for showing up guys, but here's the door. Eagles 27, Giants 10

I'm sure Casey will beg to differ here, but I maintained that the NFL would figure out Tony Romo and I think it's safe to say they have. He's been far from impressive in December, Terrell Owens is a big effin' whiner like always, the defense has given up more than 30 points a game in the last month. What happens when Dallas falls behind 13-0 early in the second half and Matt Hasselbeck is throwing the ball all over the field? My money is on a massive implosion, and let's not forget this game is in Seattle. Seahawks 30, Cowboys 13

The Jets are an interesting team to me, if only because they've proven to be one of the few squads that can take it to the Patriots. A lot of people haven't been impressed, but things are supposed to be wide open in the playoffs, aren't they? I seem to recall Tom Brady getting harassed in their last tilt. A lot. The statistics don't tell the whole story with this New York team, and I've got a feeling they've got another playoff run in them. Jets 17, Patriots 14

This Kansas City-Indianapolis matchup should be fun. In case anyone forgot, neither team punted the last time these two teams played in January. Everyone will point out the seemingly lopsided Larry Johnson-Indy run D matchup, but let's not forget that LJ has carried the ball 416 times already, along with 40-some-odd catches. How much does he have left in the tank? Kansas City's defense isn't much better than Indy's, by the way, and they've still got that Peyton Manning guy. I hear he abuses awful defenses. Colts 35, Chiefs 24

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

smurf THE PATRIOTS!

Having said that I hope the Jets beat them. They did once already this year and the Patriots just are not as strong as they have been in years past.

I think the Eagles, Cowboys(they have been shakey all year with good game/bad game), Jets and Chiefs will make it through this first round of mayhem.

Eagles will destroy the giants, due to the "Eli is Gay" factor. (31-14 Eagles)

Alexander will come up big against the cowboys, and Romo's ego will get to him. (21-13 Hawks)

The Jets WILL NOT beat Tom Brady in the playoffs, who has lost only 1 playoff game in his career. Yes the Jets did beat them on a piece of crap day, but that was some luck. (24-17 Pats)

Colts CHiefs will be completely offensive, but Colts Running D? Larry Johnson? I give this to the chiefs. (44-37 Chiefs)

thanks blitz ace for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    smurf THE PATRIOTS!

Having said that I hope the Jets beat them. They did once already this year and the Patriots just are not as strong as they have been in years past.

I think the Eagles, Cowboys(they have been shakey all year with good game/bad game), Jets and Chiefs will make it through this first round of mayhem.
    Let's not forget that if anything happens to Tom Brady, the Patriots would be stuck with a colorblind quarterback, which will screw up their offense big time.

Blog Entries

WTF GROSSMAN YOU MAKE EVERYONE ONE NOT LIKE THE BEARS DAMN YOU

Chargers-Eagles, I haven't decided who I think will win yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    WTF GROSSMAN YOU MAKE EVERYONE ONE NOT LIKE THE BEARS DAMN YOU
    Grossman does indeed suck. Because of their shakey offense, I would put Chicago below Philadelphia and Seattle in Super Bowl consideration.

Kansas City vs. Indy is a very interesting matchup. Yes, Kansas City has a one-sided offense, but Indianapolis lost to <i>Houston</i>, which has a zero-sided offense. They also lost to Tennessee, whose running game is not nearly equal to KC's. Still, both of those losses were road losses (as was the Jacksonville defensive implosion), and Indy will be at home. I think Indy will most likely win, but I still hope Larry Johnson destroys them.

Blog Entries

below seattle? did you not see chicago kick seattles ass?

The Chargers are doing great (*cough*LT*cough*), but Rivers is losing his potency. As their offense becomes more one-dimensional, it will be much easier to stop LT. I say Ravens over Chargers for AFC.

As for the NFC, the Bears' defense is holding strong, and if they can score some points, I think they can take the conference.

Oh, yeah. I'm from Seattle, so GO HAWKS!

I think it will be Ravens - Eagles in the Superbowl.

It's not just the offense that worries me with the Bears. They're facing some injuries and the last weeks their defense has looked a bit shakey. Saints defense just isn't good enough to let them go all the way. Just look at the Colts of years past to see what happens with unbalanced teams.

As for the Chargers, it all depends of Rivers. It's his first playoffs and you know the Ravens will stuff the box to stop Tomlinson. It's up to him to find his playmaker (Gates) and make the clutch throws if his team has a chance to win. Also, McNair is an absolute beast in the playoffs. With the big man Jamal Lewis pounding it down the middle, I could see them taking a little bit of that outside heat away from McNair because of uncertainty. I love the Chargers, but at this point I'd take the Ravens' veteran QB over Rivers. Though he could still surprise me. It's honestly all on his shoulders.
    What I've been listening to:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    below seattle? did you not see chicago kick seattles ass?
    Did you not see Grossman in the <i>thirteen</i> weeks since then?