Thread: Something lurking in the Great Crystal

Default Something lurking in the Great Crystal

Does anyone know what that huge blue object is after entering the 24th way stone in the Great Crystal??? It's located in the Dhebon Jilaam Avaa area on what looks like to be the last and deepest part of the crystal.

It looks somewhat like an oversized treasure chest on steriods and about 50 times the normal size.

But when you go near it, nothing happens.
    Last edited by chrisguapo69; 01-02-2007 at 01:45 AM.

here's some quick pics I took. Sorry, I don't have a flash drive. LOL

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Omega Mark XII, perhaps? I'm not sure, I haven't gone that deep into the Great Crystal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Omega Mark XII, perhaps? I'm not sure, I haven't gone that deep into the Great Crystal yet.
    Yeah, I think it's Omega Mark XII. I haven't gone that far either, but I think you have to solve some puzzle in order to fight it.

Thanks guys!! Ya it's the OMEGA MARK XII. I just found it in the book page 255. He's a level 99 and my highest character is still level 85 and my least level is 79. There's a puzzle that needs to be solved so I'll probably solve the puzzle first and give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguapo69 View Post
    Thanks guys!! Ya it's the OMEGA MARK XII. I just found it in the book page 255. He's a level 99 and my highest character is still level 85 and my least level is 79. There's a puzzle that needs to be solved so I'll probably solve the puzzle first and give it a shot.
    Yeah, I saw the little blurb about him in the strat guide, I just didn't take the time to read it. He looks tough.

Oh, and I completely mapped out the entire Great Crystal if anyone wants a copy just let me know. I started at 10am this morning and finished it about 6:30pm.

Man, I'm reading the solution to the puzzle and looking at the map I made and this is not an easy solution to solve for the following reasons:

1. everytime you open a gate, you are timed. If you do not reach the gate in time it closes.

2. you are in constant battle with tough foes. Even if you flee, they will still bombard you with hits and magik ranging from 600-2000hp loss at times and tons of status effects like sleep, sap, disable, stop, disease, etc. thus you will need time to heal which will lose you a lot of time.

3. it's so easy to take a wrong turn when time is against you, so 1 wrong turn and you're back to square 1.

Ok, i'm ready to take it on. Wish me luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguapo69 View Post
    Man, I'm reading the solution to the puzzle and looking at the map I made and this is not an easy solution to solve for the following reasons:

1. everytime you open a gate, you are timed. If you do not reach the gate in time it closes.

2. you are in constant battle with tough foes. Even if you flee, they will still bombard you with hits and magik ranging from 600-2000hp loss at times and tons of status effects like sleep, sap, disable, stop, disease, etc. thus you will need time to heal which will lose you a lot of time.

3. it's so easy to take a wrong turn when time is against you, so 1 wrong turn and you're back to square 1.

Ok, i'm ready to take it on. Wish me luck!!
    Hate to break it to you like this but whatever puzzle you're attempting will not let you fight Omega...all you have to do is accept the Yiazmat hunt or something along those lines. That's what I did after I went in there the first time and saw him all clumped up like that.

And also hate to break it to you but if you go to GameFAQs.com you'll see that there's already 2 maps for the Great Crystal in the FFXII FAQ. Good job on getting one done yourself though, maybe now you could compare . I know the Great Crystal inside out though and I got almost everything you can get from there except for Danjuro Blade and Zodiac Shield, both of which I'll attempt tommorow.

Ya, I guess I already solved the puzzle unknowingly when I first encountered Omega. When I did it again nothing happened that's when I thought maybe something else needed to be done.

Also, solving the puzzle isn't hard after all. You have plenty of time and the foes just don't do enough damage to slow you down. Thanks for the info though I'll check out those 2 other maps and augment mine a little.

There are actually 2 areas which I haven't traversed yet. I haven't ventured beyond the Gate Gemini II which is accross Gate Leo and also at the spawn area there's another area which I haven't checked out yet.
    Last edited by chrisguapo69; 01-02-2007 at 02:55 PM.