Thread: SPOLLIERS who falls in love in this game?

Default SPOLLIERS who falls in love in this game?

im thinking vaan and penelo or vaan or ashe who falls in love with who?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

FFXII is not a love story.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Just because it's not a love story doesn't mean there aren't relationships. Vaan and Penelo are undoubtedly an item. If watching their interactions isn't enough, a Viera in Rabanastre makes comments to the effect of Vaan being in a relationship.

I suppose there's a bit of a Ashe/Balthier/Fran triangle going on. It makes sense to me, I suppose. I heard that Ashe's final words to Balthier at the end of the game in the Japanese version were a lot more emotional than the English translation (something like "If you die... If you die... I..." to "Come back alive"). Although I don't have any sources to validate that, a similar thing happened in FFX, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Vaan and Penelo like each other, no doubt, but they'll propably fall in love in Revanant Wings.

Balthier probably doesn't love Fran, and I'm thinking that Ashe might like Basch.

Other than those, the only love I can thnk of is between me and the various moogles.

Ive beaten the game and (SPOILER)No one falls in love

no one falls in love. it would be stupid to speculate end of topic

Well if they didnt fall in love, they seem to have strong feelings during the course of the game..

(SPOILER)So... Fran and Balthier being partners, and the few sincere moments one or two scenes, are just friendship?(don't know, but fran shows deep concern for Balthier) Ashe almost crying at the end for Balthier;(could just be friendship, kinda weak for love, but theres the above, about the japanese translation being more emotional or something) Vaan and Penelo being partners;(they do kind of match I guess and theres a few scenes to support it.. nothing concrete) and last.. Ashe's frequent seeing her fallen boyfriend in Vaan or relating him to Vaan.(Could be just love for her former boyfriend, and nothing towards Vaan) All of those haven't tied the knot of course, but they leave slight speculation. Course it could be just strong friendship, but does that exist in the world anymore? Well it is a video game... /shrugs.

On second thought.. you're probably right.. there is no concrete evidence and barely enough to form opinions I guess..

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've always seen Vaan and Penelo as having a brother/sister relationship more than anything. Eric is right, FFXII is not a love story.

The only couple that might be an item is Balthier and Fran, and even then it isn't explored very much.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I know who falls in love! Everyone else is wrong! I fell in love with the Game Over screen. Puts an end to my boredom and allows me to focus on things that aren't boring as crap.

Blog Entries

i fall in love with ashe lol

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ashe and Balthier totally should get together, 'cause I mean she's Princess Leia and he's Han Solo.

Just think about it!

u guys are so weird

Quote Originally Posted by Joshcfl08 View Post
    u guys are so weird
    So what else is new? I should mention, though, that speculating about romances between fictional characters is far more interesting to me than doing the same about real people.

Oh! There is love! Between that one guy and that one viere if you do it right. You never see what comes of it, but you get a Yoichi bow for your help.

Haven't finished the game yet, but I'm thinking:
    Vaan/Penelo
    Basch/Ashe
    Balthier/Fran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi View Post
    ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
    THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."