Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bands, local...

Default Bands, local...

Whose ever been in one? What kind? What was your experience like? What instrument did you play? Was it successful? Any advice? Blah blah... I'm close to joining one, but I have fears and need some advice, I know I ask alot of questions but oh well, I need to know if this shyz will work or not
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Blog Entries

I wish I could, no even thoug I sing and write tons of songs, never really joined one! :rolleyes2 I really wish I'd find one! My german teacher of last year had one band but then gave up!

Really? That's a shame. Just keep searching you should find a group (especially if you're talented)

Psychological Pollution,

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I was in a band called Cycatrix for a couple shows as a guest singer/screamer/whisperer/drugged-out entertainment. The style was alternative rock/metal.

Around a year later, there was a band I was creating called Edentide, but that ultimately fell through. I was to be the singer/screamer/etc... The style we were trying to create was an Industrial Metal Trip-Hop feel, which may sound strange, but it kind of worked, albeit rarely.

This summer, I hope to finally get a real band underway, with me on guitar and vocals. The style is aimed to be very much a hybred of Death/Black Metal with some heavy Gothic influences. If you can imagine meshing Opeth with Collide followed in suit by Tool, you have it. If not, hopefully this summer I can upload a few songs, eh?

I wrote all the songs, as a side note.

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    I was in a band called Cycatrix for a couple shows as a guest singer/screamer/whisperer/drugged-out entertainment. The style was alternative rock/metal.

Around a year later, there was a band I was creating called Edentide, but that ultimately fell through. I was to be the singer/screamer/etc... The style we were trying to create was an Industrial Metal Trip-Hop feel, which may sound strange, but it kind of worked, albeit rarely.

This summer, I hope to finally get a real band underway, with me on guitar and vocals. The style is aimed to be very much a hybred of Death/Black Metal with some heavy Gothic influences. If you can imagine meshing Opeth with Collide followed in suit by Tool, you have it. If not, hopefully this summer I can upload a few songs, eh?

I wrote all the songs, as a side note.
    Very nice, hopefully I'll be starting a hardcore metal band similar to As Cities Burn (me and the lead singer have nearly identical voices) or Every Time I Die. But yeah, definitely upload some songs Especially if you sound at all similar to Opeth, they're one of my favs.

I have some questions though, since you do temporary vocals, how do you prepare your voice? How do you do with breath control? Have any techniques?

And that's cool that you write, I've been doing it since I was 15, used to write raps (heavy hip-hop influence growing up in Philly). I'd say I was pretty good 'til I quit and moved on from rapping about a year ago, now I just write poetry, but with the way metal bands are going it fits. Norma Jean has some amazing, poetical , so that just inspires me more to write more.

You got any writtens to share?

Psychological Pollution,

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

I wanna start a Psychadelic, or maybe folk rock band, but I don't know anyone else who likes those styles. Although with folk rock, I could always go solo...
    lol signature

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

i played with every band evuh...i used to do deppin...so i knew like...every popular cover song evuh....it was hectic....

Sephiro this here.

Hectic, but worth it?

Psychological Pollution,

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

i was asked to join a band as a lead singer once but i didn't wanna perform in front of people...now i want to but no chance

What kind of band?

Psychological Pollution,

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

I'm in three bands. An indie band called the Analogues, a rock/soul covers band called Blue Skin Blake and a punk/jazz band called p*sslicker.

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    What kind of band?
    alt/rock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    p*sslicker.

I'll remember that when i'll make a band! seriously that name rocks!

dont nick it. thats ours

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I haven't been in one, but my brother was the singer in a local DYI punk band called non-passive resistance.

They got pretty big in my city, and some of their shows pulled in 200+ people. I even got recognized by random alternative/punk/goth kids downtown who confused me for my brother (we look almost identical, apparently). They released two CDs DYI, and opened twice for the Casualties (well known punk band) at the local club.

They didn't make much money, and any they did they poured back into the band. Unfortunately for the independent music scene in my city, they played their last show about six months ago after their drummer left the band to presue another project (which failed ).