Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: die, monster. you don't belong in this world.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default die, monster. you don't belong in this world.

"It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by HUMANS who wish to pay ME tribute!"

"Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"

"Perhaps the same could be said of all religions."

"Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!"

"WHAT IS A MAN? *throws goblet* A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

Post your favorite pre-boss battle speech. The only thing that comes close to that in terms of sheer awesomeness is the Psycho Mantis battle.

Blog Entries

It's a toss up between "I shall knock you all down" and whatever funny thing Goldor said in Final Fantasy 3 that I can't remember at the time. Of course, those are my choices due to the not so awesome voice overs in SOTN, and the fact that I had seen the Psycho Mantis pre-speech many times before actually playing MGS, which were the only pre-speeches I could remember at the time I wrote this.

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!"

or, of course,

"You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!"

Wild Arms 4, just before the Fight with Belail

Belial: "Welcome to the farthest reaches of my world. Here, you
    shall meet your end."

Jude: "I don't think so! I'm gonna protect everyone... That's the
    purpose of having this power."

Belial: "...Protect? How amusing... Tell me, then, what I should do?
    Since I was unable to protect my dear Scythe?"

Jude: "Huh?!"

Belial: "You, who protect those you care about, and I, who failed
    to do so... Show me the difference between your fight and
    mine!"

[The battle with Belial starts.]

Jude: "No...our fight...and your fight...They AREN'T the same..."

Belial: "How amusing...Pray tell me then, how do they differ? There
    is no difference when you take up arms

Seymour's speech on Gagazet was epic.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The exchange between Reid and Shizel at the end of Tales of Destiny II was kind of touching.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Dr. Freeman. You really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse, as I teleport, this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one after you. That way you won't be completely forgotten."

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Seymour's speech on Gagazet was epic.
    Tidus: I knew you were bad the moment I saw you

Seymour (trying to kill Tidus): Oh ? My sincerest apologies!

Seymour is soo deadpan of a vilain!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Gagazet, Yunalesca.
    Psycho Mantis.
    Jenova Life. (Made better by Aeris's Ownage)
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

ya...MANTIS before and after....after especially....the speach after wolfe... and um....jenova life was pretty sweet....

tales of phantasia speeches and stuff...

um...ya...all those old school games had some wicked speeches....

( be prepared to see soem almost direct copies of said speeches in ma game... )

hahaha....i like to steal stuff...

Sephiro this here.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    The exchange between Reid and Shizel at the end of Tales of Destiny II was kind of touching.
    Word.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Lezard Valeth: Welcome Valkyrie, my beloved. How long I have waited for this moment. My heart now throbs with the same exaltation as when I first laid eyes on you many months ago. Valkyrie, my lady love. I have been thinking on this since I first beheld you. Gods that exist on the same plane as the restless souls of dead humans. What manner of being are they? I have concluded that gods are very much like souls, and so I have created this vessel. I have, shall we say, reverse engineered an elf, the vessel of the gods, to fashion this homunculus. There are no other souls worthy of such an exquisite construct. Fair Valkyrie, I have crafted it for you.

Valkyrie: For the sole purpose of luring me here, you slaughtered the couple on the roof?

Lezard: That's right.

Valkyrie: And you sacrificed countless lives, both elf and human, in order to create a vessel for a single being?

Lezard: Why yes, actually. It is not the goddess within you that I lust for Valkyrie. I wish to make of you a human. It is for that that my heart burns.

Valkyrie: You are insane. How can such trivial thoughts consume you so? Humans who seek to cross beyond their designated boundaries invite more than death-- they invite total annihilation!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

^Nice one, BM! Lezard is awesome.

I'm quite fond of:

Quote Originally Posted by Kefka
    "Life...dreams...hope...where'd they come from? And where are they headed...? These things...I must destroy!"
    I think that's it.

And the self-help booklet thing, etc.

I'm pretty good for any pre-final boss battle speeches though.

Oh! And I like before the fight with Lucifer in SO3 alot too.

Auron, just before you fight Yunalesca...

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
    Mods hate me because they know they'll never be as cooll as me!

Some nice quotes here.

Ansem, the Seeker of Darkness: "I've come to see the doorway to this world. This world has been connected, tied to the darkness. Soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to learn. You understand so little. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing... Take a look at this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison, surrounded by water. And so this boy, sought out to escape from his prison. He sought out a way to cross over into other worlds, and opened his heart to darkness."

Sora: "Riku!"

Ansem: "Don't bother. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness. And all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it. It grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came! You see, darkness is the heart's true essence."

Sora: "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and, sometimes, it may even give in. But I've learned, that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

Ansem: "So you have come this far, and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade: Every heart return to darkness!"
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.