Thread: children of mana....should i get it

Default children of mana....should i get it

im thinking of gettin children of mana but all i can find are crap reviews of it......so wat are your thoughts. wat are its ups and downs, that sort of stuff. (if this belongs in another section, sorry)

What i have shown you is reality....What you remember, that is the illusion

Well if you think you should get it get it its not our choice to tell you what to do

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Eh, go for it. I've played it for a few minutes and enjoyed it, and if you've got a buddy to play it with it'll be even more fun!

It was fun. If you like Mana games, you probably want to pick it up. It is very different from the other games, being that it is a dungeon crawler. As such, its plot is rather weak, with most of the emphasis on gameplay. It is very fun to go into the levels with the hammer, or the the sword, and watch the monsters go flying around the room.

So, if you're looking for a complex and compelling story, I wouldn't get it. If you're looking for something fun to pick up and play on the go, then it might be a good buy. On a side note: Pretty Graphics!
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

you should rely on the reviews, i say its pretty accurate. i've got the game but never really played it.
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

*slides into the thread*
    Wow.

I've heard many many things about this. I have yet to play it but anything that's Seiken Densetsu-y, I'm there.

Most complaints say that the game goes by too fast and character build up is somewhat fail. When comparing this to the games of the series everyone tends to say this game is a combo between Secret of Mana and Sword of Mana(originally Final Fantasy Adventure for the gameboy(which I personally like better than Sword of Mana but what ever)) Seeing as sword of mana was a remake of FFA remade in the Secret of Mana style, you'd think this game would have the same gameplay and fun twists as they had, yeah that's not right. If your like me, a person who after maxing out stats STILL goes to areas to smash helpless rabites, then you'd prolly like it. 'Cause you know, you get to smash stuff and that's awesome.

Just as a general statement to everyone, If your someone who hasn't played SoM I honestly wouldn't recomend letting Children of Mana being a first Mana game. I say play through SoM go to Children of Mana and it'll be like night and day.

So Sword of Mana is the same game as FF Adventure?

Have they released SD3 in the USA under some Mana title that I missed? I never played Legend of Mana, Sword of Mana or Children of Mana. I played and LOVED Secret of Mana, and FF Adventure was cool, too. Not as good as SoM, but still really good.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

i am currently playing CoM and so far i have really enjoyed it but i dont think it will take me more than 40 hours to finish 100%, but keep in mind im a total pro

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    So Sword of Mana is the same game as FF Adventure?
    Yes, it's a complete remake

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    Have they released SD3 in the USA under some Mana title that I missed? I never played Legend of Mana, Sword of Mana or Children of Mana. I played and LOVED Secret of Mana, and FF Adventure was cool, too. Not as good as SoM, but still really good.

SD3 was never released in the US

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

If you like mana games then you'll like this one. I had fun with it, although I'm not done yet

The thing that I spent the most time doing in the game was trying to get every single gem. The game isn't difficult, but it's addictive and fun. I loved it, and played it a lot until I got FFIII DS and FFV GBA, now I play those two, but will go back to CoM eventually.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

There are better games on the DS, this one is missable. If you see it for a discount or a bargain bin, then go for it.

I am a Mana fan--not a huge one, but I like the series probably more than I like FF. There are simply many more fulfilling and worthwhile games that you should get first.