Thread: Gil Snapper

Default Gil Snapper

I just got done beating Judge Bergan and decided that I'd go back and so some quests. Well I went to do the Gil Snapper quest and to my surprise the Giza Plains were back to normal... which kind of pisses me off a bit. Do the plains turn back at all to wet or do they remain dry for the remainder of the game?
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Talk to a Seeq in Rabanastre Southgate, he will tell you whe the Giza Plains will get back to the rainy season. It alternates between dry and wet.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Some people seem to be unlucky with it. some people say it takes hours...

For me it alternated pretty well, about every save crystal I took there it was changed.

If its rains, talk to weather eye as Renmiri said... he will give ya a time frame. Dry/Rains not too far off... middle of the dry/rains, etc...

Go play around somewhere for 10min or so and come back and check I guess

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do I risk being way underlevelled if I try to take him on during the first story-line Rains? xD

Possibly, his melee isn't too incredibly terrible tho he hits nicely... but

(SPOILER)he has a very very very healthy enrage at 10% where he seemed to chain stomp for 2x his normal melee to the whole party if memory served... til 10% it wasn't too hard though.

Well my guys are Level 32 at the moment so I'm hoping to give him a wuppin'

Thanks all
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Well it was mostly to Rubah on the damage output and levels, since he asked for that part

That fight was a long time ago, I did it sometime before the jungle though. I think I was in my 20s or 30s. It was not "easy"(if by easy.. meaning I never had to heal much and it went down fast...)... but it was certainly not raising an ally every 10 seconds like Gilgamesh or some of the later fights at lower levels.

I think Protect had him hitting around 300-400... and stomp seemed to be slightly more than that to the whole party. But memory could be flaky.