Thread: Listen To It All!

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

*yawn* Listen To It All!

do you listen to albums the whole way through your first time hearing it? or do you switch around songs till you listened to the whole thing?

me, i personally switch around songs till i listened to the whole album, i enjoy it better that way, after that then i listen to it as a whole

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I normally skip around and stuff. Unless I'm listening to an artist or band that I know makes albums that are meant to be listened a certain way. Like, I wouldn't listen to a Radiohead album out of order the first few times.
    --Box Box Box Box

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    I normally skip around and stuff. Unless I'm listening to an artist or band that I know makes albums that are meant to be listened a certain way. Like, I wouldn't listen to a Radiohead album out of order the first few times.
    Yeah. Or sync up the songs on Kid A? ;D Or whatever album that was.

I tend to listen to it from start to finish, unless there is one song I listened to before I got the album I want to hear again.

i just put on full blast and start with the loudest ones well they all seem loud at full blast....but best ones first...

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yes. I always have to listen to complete albums in order, otherwise I go mad. I really go mad. If someone skips a song on the album, I turn it back to the start.

Sometimes my friends will make me listen to new albums I have never heard before. But they are cruel. They get with all the ‘you gotta hear this one, man!’ then they let the first song play for a few seconds, then skip four or five tracks in to some song they heard on the radio and yes the only reason they bought the smurfING ALBUM. It’s all right that first time, because I don’t know how the album goes. But if I ever listen to that album again I get that headache. You know, like when something’s not right, and you can’t fix it. So frustrating!

The feeling is less strong with albums that have various artists on it. I can pretty much play these types of albums on shuffle (or whatever you people call it) and I will be sweat-free.

If there's a song i really want to listen to, I'll skip to it, but for the most part I listen to it in order. Why shouldn't I? Besides, I like to know what song's coming up so I never put it on shuffle.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I make a point to listen through the entire album twice before I begin skipping around. This also allows me to form an accurate opinion of the album.

Most artists organize their albums in particular methods, so it is usually best to simply allow the CD to play through first. Some albums, in fact, are basically akin to that of one great song meshed together by many seperate tracks, so again, a point to be made about simply allowing the album to run itself.

However, some albums do seem rather random....

I always listen to albums in order the first time through, and usually continue to after that. I'll skip tracks I don't like, but those that I do listen to will always be in numerical order. I like to listen to music almost constantly rather than in bite-sized chunks, so I'm willing to wait for my favourite track to come along rather than skipping back and forth all the time. Very occasionally I'll come home in the mood for a particular song, and I'll stick it on repeat for a while, but those day are exceptions rather than the norm.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

A lot of the bands I listen to have the habit of telling a story through their songs. And since "Choose Your Own Adventure" is not a genre of music, I have to listen to the music in the order in which the artists have placed it. I like it better that way.

After I listen to a CD straight through for awhile, I'll start singling out specific songs to listen to and just create a nice playlist with what I want to hear, or set it to shuffle and let it go from there. But for the majority of the time, I listen to all of the songs in the order in which they are placed.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would mostly listen to them in order, unless I was getting bored or thought there might be better ones elsewhere But no...I feel they put them in order for a reason! Sometimes..... so I try and listen like that!
    rawr

Almost always the full album. Just feels more complete that way. If an album just has one or two songs I like I probably won't listen to it at all.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]