Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why I don't trust doctors...

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    They just want your money 90% of the time.
    And everyone else you have to pay. What's your point?

Some people are unaware of this.
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    Some people are unaware of this.
    Well, those people wouldn't understand it if you explained it to them anyway.

Whatever
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Well, doctors do make some mistakes, but cut them some slack you know? Without any doctors, most of us would probably be...well, let's just hope you get the point. One suggestion that you should keep in mind, is to at least get 2nd opinions from other doctors. Some of these people are fresh of Medical School, and they are not exactly the most trustworthy people concerning any serious medical decisions. Maybe the next time you get treated to something new, ask the doctor on the procedures that will be taken during the experiment. Tell them about your medications, and any problems you feel you might have. If you don't trust the doctor, go see a new one.
    As for the waiting line, suck it up, we all have to deal with it. Doctors require rest, and if they are an hour late for a simple non-life threatening check-up, then why make a fuss? Sure your time is killed, but I'd rather have a doctor who is fully awake rather than a drowsy one making tons of mistakes.
    "Feed me."

I'm kind of P.O.'d because my docter perscribed me these pills for my stomach, and they worked for a while, but they made me eat a lot and gain weight like CRAZY! I went up about 20 pounds in 3 or 4 monthes!
    And then the pills started to backfire!
    And I stopped taking them, but I still can't stop eating.

asdfghjkl;'

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who is dumber: The doctor for testing your epileptic triggers or you for throwing up a fuss about it? Epilepsy isn't a cookie-cutter disorder--it has to be tested in each individual to figure out triggers, intensity, and what kind of seizures you're having. There are at least a dozen kinds of seizures with unlimited intensities and probably unlimited triggers too.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Who is dumber: The doctor for testing your epileptic triggers or you for throwing up a fuss about it? Epilepsy isn't a cookie-cutter disorder--it has to be tested in each individual to figure out triggers, intensity, and what kind of seizures you're having. There are at least a dozen kinds of seizures with unlimited intensities and probably unlimited triggers too.
    In response to your question, the doctor. If it were you you'd be just as pissed about this as I am. After what almost happened the last time, how could he even bring it up again?

As for testing it out for triggers and intensity, I pretty much can find that out on my own without any help from doctors and I have the common sense to stop what I'm doing if I feel funny. There's no need to keep testing me now. I know what bothers me and how it will bother me. It's just absolutely senseless to stay up all night and then go to the doctor's and be put in front of a strobe light to find out what I already know. Again.

I work with doctors and yes most of them are clueless. I have to tell the SHO's what to do and I'm still a student

When my brother goes to see the doctor they try to give him a cardiac arrest to check his deffribilator implant is working properly... i've alwys thought this was a bit dodgey.

:kaoyatta: