Thread: Bestiary question

Default Bestiary question

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the mandragoras that are supposed to be in Feywood. The Aralune King and such.

I followed some other advice I had seen stating that they are in the southern Feywood area where the behemoths first appear. I walked in and out of the area about 30 times and not one of these little buggers appeared..

Any ideas? Should I have tried 31 times? hehehe

Thanks much
    When the one great scorer comes to mark against your name, he’ll note not whether you won or lost but how you played the game.

There are 5 "story" Mandragoras in a dungeon near the tchia(never can spell it right) uplands on the way to the empire's capital.

A king, a queen, a prince, and two others... they are very powerful in that they all use every status effect in the book, there are five of them, and they run faster than... well something fast.

As far as I know, unless there are some rare game similar to them, they aren't in the feywood.

It is a story battle as part of the story progression.

Yep, I have already defeated the ones you come across in the story. When you kill them though, their entry goes into the Feywood section and has a '14' next to them. Implying that you need to kill 14 more in order to get their completed bestiary listing....

Hmmmmm.... They have to be around somewhere. Heh
    When the one great scorer comes to mark against your name, he’ll note not whether you won or lost but how you played the game.

Fickle Fanboy Recognized Member Drex's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Frontsite Contributions

If you find them, let us know - I've been wondering about that myself and hadn't thought to ask anyone.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The ones you find in Sochen Cave Palace on a hunt (near Tchita Uplands) are later found in the snowy areas of Feywood (after you fight Raflesia). I've never seen them but someone at another forum said he did.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I've been wondering this too...

Uhoh! Seems we have a mystery then...

I'm not the only one! I can't understand where the other 14 (or more) are hiding!

Contributions

I asked a friend; apparently they do appear in the Feywood, but you have to coax them out by clearing the map and zoning a few times. Then, when they do pop up, you have to kill them fast or they'll boost their level to 99 and do you some real hurt.

Okay, I got em...

You have to clear the Ice Field completely first. Then, you just keep zoning until they appear. They will only appear one batch of five at a time. To get them to respawn, I went north from the Ice Field two screens to the little boss area, then came back. It will respawn the desired mandragoras and not the standard enemies. Needless to say, you have to do this 14 times so it takes quite some time.

My next target are the Ghosts in Gamarsythe Waterway. I cant seem to find them at all. Anyone know where they appear?

I think I only need 4 or 5 more normal creatures, 3 rare monsters, Yiazmat and Omega... then I am finished

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPoe View Post
    I think I only need 4 or 5 more normal creatures, 3 rare monsters, Yiazmat and Omega... then I am finished
    only need 4 or 5 more normal creatures, 3 rare monsters, Yiazmat and Omega... then I am finished
    3 rare monsters, Yiazmat and Omega... then I am finished
    Yiazmat and Omega... then I am finished
    Yiazmat and Omega
    Have fun with that! ^_^ Good to hear that the Mandragoras aren't too hard to locate, though. And I hear that completing the bestiary doesn't require the second page of info on every creature - just the first page. This info coming from a friend who got the Order of Ambrosia last week.

Actually, I have chipped about a 3rd off of Yiazmat so far. I just wander over there when bored and put in some time.

Good news on the page 2 stuff... Though, I would feel more complete if I had all the page two's as well. Those little numbers annoy me.

Contributions

I agree on that. It's the OCD in all of us. (:

well the mandrogas or wadeva their names are .///are found by killin everyone in one zone where theres a mist a very deep one ///where are the ghosts???

If you enter the garamsythe waterway from Barheim Passage (the pathway after you beat Zalera) about 2 or 3 of them will pop up

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!