Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just hit 200 hours of playing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    Sometimes you don't have time to pause :P
    Same here.

And darn it, I just killed Fafnir without having killed the 2 Leschach entites. Now my bestiary will be incomplete
    You could always start from a previous save and try him again... but I doubt the fight was fun?

However Fafnir was one of the more challenging and much Longer marks for me to kill, along with Behemoth King(whom was even longer and even stronger).

By the way, Behemoth King is huge
    and I'm up to 105 hours now.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    *sigh* I guess we'll always have the whiners for every great game.
    You know, it's just as easy for me to whine about FFVI, but no one seems to catch me on that one.

Fickle Fanboy Recognized Member Drex's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Frontsite Contributions

There's a way to get the blizzard to appear and consequently the Leschach Entites, Renmiri. I don't remember what the best area to do it was, but I'll take a look and get back to you. I know it's been done because you're not the first to lose the easy way.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    There's a way to get the blizzard to appear and consequently the Leschach Entites, Renmiri. I don't remember what the best area to do it was, but I'll take a look and get back to you. I know it's been done because you're not the first to lose the easy way.
    Weeeee! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight View Post
    ..Fafnir was one of the more challenging and much Longer marks for me to kill, along with Behemoth King(whom was even longer and even stronger).

By the way, Behemoth King is huge
    and I'm up to 105 hours now.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Used up 97 of my Phoenix Downs with Fafnir AND most of my gil to cast magic after I ran out of Ethers. Not a fun fight at all.

Good thing I got a Sky Pirate's Den statue for it
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Fickle Fanboy Recognized Member Drex's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Frontsite Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by another person on another board
    That may be the case, but I've never actually read something concrete on that as I did on the sandstorms in the Westersand. What I did was go into Paramina Rift via the Feywood. Just keep going into the map until there's a blizzard. Leshach Entite spawns like clockwork there during a Blizzard, as well as the map to the left of that.
    Also, there's a trick to Fafnir - if you use the rock in the SW side of the map, he can't get past a certain point and can only attack you with spells. Getting rid of his physical attacks takes a huge amount of the damage off, and it's just a matter of time to take him down. You can compound that with Reflectga and an Opal Ring or two on your healers, and he can barely touch you. I didn't use any Phoenix Downs.

i think i'm on about 76 hours of the game...for some reason, XII seemed extremely short. and then i loaded my FFX game and i had 75 hours on it, right before fighting sin. i still have like 12 hunts to go on XII and a lot of other sidequests. did XII seem short to anybody else, or was i just playing it waaaaay too much at once?

You probably played it just about right. If I had used the book from the very beginning I could have probably saved myself a good 100 hours.

It took me about a week (about 4 hours/day) of leveling up and getting the best equipment to beat the first Demon wall. If I had only known that there was a 2nd wall I would've gone that route first.

Also, is there a way of knowing that Belias was the only one that can open the Gigas gate without using the book?? I got stuck there for 4 days running throughout the entire map wondering where I had to go to advance. That's when I called it quits and bought the book.

On the side note, Fafnir was a piece of cake for me. I killed the Shadowseer and Behemoth King before I was able to figure out how to make Fafnir show up. When he did show up, he was minced meat! LOL.
    Last edited by chrisguapo69; 01-07-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

FFXII does seem short because NOTHING HAPPENS, the story is pretty much the same throughout: Vayne is an SOB, Nethicite is evil, yadda, yadda, yadda... The unexpected twists and turns on the X plot make it seem longer.

But the hunts are looong!

Txs for the hints Drex! You are an angel!

Bummer, I spent ages getting rid of Fafnir because I didn't know the trick you mentioned!

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    FFXII does seem short because NOTHING HAPPENS, the story is pretty much the same throughout: Vayne is an SOB, Nethicite is evil, yadda, yadda, yadda... The unexpected twists and turns on the X plot make it seem longer.
    No, the general boringness of X makes it seem longer. ;P

I had just hit about 12 hours of playing and then I stopped. First off because it's too MMO for me so I was playing it like an MMO which meant, leveling wasn't my friend. I still don't know what was going on in the story I'm just kind of following what they tell me to do like I did in FFI and I still don't know what goes on in FFI even after I beat Chaos.
    This one even after 12 hours couldn't hold my attention. Besides the fact I was underleveled I kept having the urge to find a keyboard and talk to people during my boredom times.

Then I had to realize that I couldn't.

Maybe I'll pick it back up and play it again. After the first week of Feburary, you know, FFVIA and all. Atleast that one's held my attention for 13 years.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hihi! One more vote for FFXII is boring. Take that roto! < raspberry >

X still rules

FFXII > FFX

i have 85 hours into the game 7 espers left and 7 hunts left then im satisfied.

by the way XII is ten times better then X
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Never!!!!!!!!!

Although Basch is cutter than Auron

To tell you the truth, the storyline was boring. The fun part is getting all the cool weapons, finishing off the hunts and sidequests and murdering the Espers.

Why are the Espers so sissy like as compared to the Aeons in FFX?? The Aeons kick arse!!

I'm already at the part where I'm battling Seymour at the side of a mountain. The storyline is way better too!