Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just hit 200 hours of playing!!

Default Just hit 200 hours of playing!!

200 hours of playing FFXII!! I've also begun playing FFX. I'm at the part where Yuna starts dancing across the water at Kilika. Very pretty scenes so far compared to FFXII. The battle I wish had gambits and didn't have to go through that annoying battle scene but it's alright. And Valefor rocks! I can't wait to get the other Aeon's.

Ive put in around 90 hours into the game and feel like Ive done enough, I wonder how you racked up another 110 hours, cause not even the super bosses ( if you can call them that ) require you to play for that long.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have more than 200 hours too but not actual playtime. With my 3 kids running around the house I have to leave the playstation unnatended a lot (plus my 2 oldest like to roam around killing fiends on XII ) so I'd say actual playtime is around half of it.

You can clock a lot of hours looking for the darn Fafnir, Lyndwyrm, Deathgaze, etc... Sneaky SOBs they are!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

You can also clock a lot of hours just killing some of the optional superbosses.

Fickle Fanboy Recognized Member Drex's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Frontsite Contributions

And rare loot hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Ive put in around 90 hours into the game and feel like Ive done enough, I wonder how you racked up another 110 hours, cause not even the super bosses ( if you can call them that ) require you to play for that long.
    Well, I never played with the book until I got stuck for 4 days (about 6 hours/day wasted) at that Gigas Gate. I never knew that Belias had to open it. Also that 1st Demon Wall took me forever to beat, I didn't know either that you can just run to the end and beat the 2nd wall to continue the game. But I finished the game at 122 hours after getting the book. And trying to get all the good weapons takes soo much time. Like for example getting the Sagittarius, just trying to get the Sagittarius gem from the Hecteyes takes so long. I think 1 gem drops after killing maybe more than 40 of them and you need to get 4 gems.

The Ultima blade took me about 20 tries until it showed up at the Pharos.

I'm working on both the Tournesol and that Serpentarius is hard to come by. Got 2 already and need 1 more.

The Stoneblade took maybe 15 times for me to reload the game until I got it. And where the Stoneblade is found, you can't get there that easily.

I'm done with all the hunts, except Yiazamat and also Omega Mark II. Done with all the side quests, got a good number of trophies to the hunt club.

So I'm basically done a good chunk of the game. I've got an extra 1,424,556 Gil that I don't have use for. And there's more with the loot that I haven't sold from all this weapon searching. That's why I'm now playing FFX.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I sold all my loot and I have a whopping 1,985,595 Gil. I didn't save the game though.
    Last edited by chrisguapo69; 01-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    You can clock a lot of hours looking for the darn Fafnir, Lyndwyrm, Deathgaze, etc... Sneaky SOBs they are!
    Here's the 100% surefire way to get Fafnir to show up in one shot! Just follow what Dell said on the 2nd post.

But if you want to get the Durandal (one handed sword), don't kill Fafnir just yet or else there will be no blizzard anymore and you can't get the Leshach Halycon from the Leshach Entite which only appears during blizzards.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthrea...ghlight=fafnir
    Last edited by chrisguapo69; 01-06-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You can also rack up alot of hours by playing it when your not suppose to, then when your parents call you angry to do chores, you turn off the TV with the game on pause and claim you where finishing your homework... it can be left on for 3 hours that way....

Did I just say that...

...oops.

If i remember correctly, time stand stills on pauses.
    But it could be bad memory.

I know it didnt stand still in FFX tho

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight View Post
    If i remember correctly, time stand stills on pauses.
    But it could be bad memory.

I know it didnt stand still in FFX tho
    Sometimes you don't have time to pause :P

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    Sometimes you don't have time to pause :P
    Same here.

And darn it, I just killed Fafnir without having killed the 2 Leschach entites. Now my bestiary will be incomplete

I stopped playing FXII at 130 hours and never going to play it again because i finished everything and the game was horrible except for gameplay. im also playing FFX and realizing how good this game was compared to FFXII and revitalizing my faith for sqaure-enix.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by skillzboy4 View Post
    I stopped playing FXII at 130 hours and never going to play it again because i finished everything and the game was horrible except for gameplay. im also playing FFX and realizing how good this game was compared to FFXII and revitalizing my faith for sqaure-enix.
    QFT

Aye, haven't finished but already feel the same!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

People can actually stack NOT watching the cutscenes and leaving the PS2 on in FFX and save, and somehow wind up with >200 hours? Impressive! I can't actually believe that people haven't shot themselves in the eye from the sheer boredom that oozes from every inch of FFXII.

*sigh* I guess we'll always have the whiners for every great game.