Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just hit 200 hours of playing!!

It's easy to rack up senseless hours. I am currently at 52 hours and I just got the Sword of Kings. I know I am going slow time wise, but I commonly get phone calls and such while playing and sit there in town talking on the phone. Alos, I tend to spend a long time racking up gil b/c I refuse to sell any old gear and will be the guy trying to get 99 of every weapon in the game in the end just for kicks.

I'm at about 104 hours and I've already had the game beat for quite some time now. I'm working on getting Chaos, Ultima, and Zodiark, and I have 5 more hunts to do. Then last of all, Omega. Fun stuff. I can see maybe 180 hours at most being logged in for me to complete it 100%
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    You know, it's just as easy for me to whine about FFVI, but no one seems to catch me on that one.
    There's nothing to catch, it's just lame.

10>12>6
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

I'm at about 197 hours, and done with pretty much everything- this game was so insanely fun I just took my time and tried (and am still trying!) to make it last as long as possible! I didn't use a guide and only looked stuff up online about 5 times or so when I really got stuck on something, so that naturally means lots more hours dicking around and doing stuff the slow way.
    Also, FFXII's story may be a bit simple and straightforward, and boring and unclear at times (though I was ultimately won over in the end), but the game is still an amazing game because, unlike some other FF's with more interesting stories, FFXII is actually fun to play! A novel idea, I know, but video games, being games after all, should first and foremost be fun to play. If I want a great story I will watch a great movie or read a good book; FFXII is awesome because the gameplay is really fun.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

180+ Hours.

The only thing I need to do is to beat Yiazmat, Omega Mk. XII, Earth Tyrant and getting Durandal, Yagyu Darkblade, Danjuro, Wyrmhero Blade, Zodiac Spear.

FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^9999999999999999 FFX.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^9999999999999999 FFX.
    Forgive him Yevon, he knows not of what he speaks...

1,000 hours here

I left it on w/o pause for more than 3 days
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    180+ Hours.

The only thing I need to do is to beat Yiazmat, Omega Mk. XII, Earth Tyrant and getting Durandal, Yagyu Darkblade, Danjuro, Wyrmhero Blade, Zodiac Spear.
    If you're that far in and havent killed Earth Tyrant, if he is the boss I am thinking of.... then you will completely and utterly destroy him in about 30 seconds maybe even 15

130hrs now for myself. Have the final hunt to do, and the one in the subterra deep down to do. Otherwise just getting weapons/leveling up still while playing around for bestiary/other things. I didn't like the subterra at 55, so I should be ok going back at 70, which I'll probably do soon.

Anyone else notice this game has lots of wyrm/dragon monsters?

I'm at Subterra now and even at level 70-80 it can be challenging when 5-6 enemies try to swarm you from all directions. I just need to face Seer and Hell Wyrm, then I can take on Yiazmat.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

I'm at 247 hours now, beat Omega Mark II, beat Yiazmat, beat everything!! 100 percent done deal! Yiazmat took 16 hours for me to friggin kill! But I took about 20 minute rests after an hour and went out for groceries and a couple errands, ate 3 meals, took potty breaks, etc. Started 8am yesterday and finished 8pm last night.

Now what do I do with this Wyrmhero blade and over 3 million gil??

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

3 million gil ? Use Turtleneck Choker to cast magick with Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    3 million gil ? Use Turtleneck Choker to cast magick with Gil
    That's what I've been doing! Still, nothing seems to put a hole in my bank account! lol

Hmm must find this turtleneck choker, but still need to buy a few things.
    The urn and the sunflower put holes in my bank account.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight View Post
    Hmm must find this turtleneck choker, but still need to buy a few things.
    The urn and the sunflower put holes in my bank account.
    Bhujerba plaza, that street vendor near the Moogle with a mark

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguapo69 View Post
    200 hours of playing FFXII!! I've also begun playing FFX. I'm at the part where Yuna starts dancing across the water at Kilika. Very pretty scenes so far compared to FFXII. The battle I wish had gambits and didn't have to go through that annoying battle scene but it's alright. And Valefor rocks! I can't wait to get the other Aeon's.
    A'yo, I admire your courage for hitting 200 hours of playing one of the stupidest FF's I have ever played. Me personal, I find this one so bad, I didn't even bother to end it. It's just too easy and the storyline sucks. But still, good job.

P.S this game still suck.

Vague and general explanation there...
    Easy can vary a good bit according to your levels.... and whether active or wait is on, and battle speed.
    If you want more challenge, put it to maximum battle speed, and active, then beat the game no higher than 40?

Should provide some fun for a while