Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boss fight Rosso the Crimson

Default boss fight Rosso the Crimson

hey there everyone, I need some advice on how to beat Rosso ... she's a tough lady to me ... and I'm not experienced in these shooting games. To be honest ... I'm surprised I even made it this far. Does leveling up help or will it only make her harder?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Hopefully you powered your handgun upto it's highest power cerberus level, then just shoot her until she starts flinging the homing shots at you and hide behind something big like one of the containers and once both shots hit and she's waiting for a couple of seconds, rush out and shoot her some more for a bit, then keep hiding and shooting until she changes to the ones that rush along the floor, then just jump around as much as possible, never stay still shooting her, and then I can't remember if that's her last pattern or if she does something new but keep blasting her until she dies anyway. Worked for me

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

keep moving.

if you double jump late you should be able to dodge the red homing attack and also, keep your distance because her physical combos are powerful. usually if you move away from her while she's attacking, the combo will miss. on low health, rosso's combo becomes much longer but its just as easy to dodge. the bullets will be easily avoided if you just lock on and strafe left or right.

try to move sideways and backwards at the same time so you stay at a safe distance while fighting so that way, if rosso speed at you to do a combo, you can see it coming and dodge.

there is also a vending machine where you fight her so you can buy healing items.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

okay thank you very much for the replies I guess I just need to upgrade Cerberus a bit more and I'll use the tips you've given me.

another thing to. when she has little to no health left, act fast to switch your barrelto the lucky barrel" to rake in the major experience. it'll help when you have to go up against neo azul
    There;s always more than one, even if the odds are against you you, just fight it. Redemption shall always conquer the fiends of Sin.

Thank you ... I'll try doing that ... but woosh she gets pretty fisty when she's on low health. She keeps jumping towards me and attacking me with her melee attacks.

run in circles and fire like crazy use your poitions then hi-poitions then mega poitions then x-poitions and hope you dont run out of ammo (like almost did against her and wiess(ran out against nero lol). by run around in circles i mean run around rosso in circles then her attacks rarely hit just watch out for teh homing one.
    The vertical limit is 250 pixels.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/45/132645.jpg[/IMG]
    Tommorows forecast a few sprinkles of genius with a high chance of (SPOILER)DOOM
    never underestimate large groups of stupid people.

Disclamer: my spelling and grammar suck-->

yeah. on my first playthrough i had to fight weiss with a level 3 rifle (or the one above that) because i had no ammo for anything else.

anyway. how are you doing?

i'd suggest investing in the accessory that increase physical damage and also have a blizzard materia and buy the two items that raise the magics power.

because the second part of the azul battle is hard. you can only damage him with magic and physical attacks by if you have a blizzard materia on full power (level 3. it starts on level one and each of them items raises it by one.) if you dont have the materia floater and the other one, just buy them. there 1000gil each.

if you have a lot of ethers you should be able to nearly kill him or kill him just by using magic.

I have finally finally beaten Rosso ... I guess I got angry and couldn't stop shooting her lol. I had a Ceberus III M thing it had 48 bullets in it and I forgot to use materia lol instead I meleed her a few times.

I'm at the Shinra manor right now just blasting away a few soldiers here and there. It won't be long until I get to Azul. Maybe dying helps...to gain money to remodel Cerberus. Or is that a bad bad tactic?

it means you'll die a lot but thats about it.

what level are you on? or how much HP do you have because you dont seem to have much money if you only have the cerberus 3.

lol yes i am indeed broke. I'm level 12 right now and I've just defeated Azul with every bit of magic i had left...I don't think i can last long with my poor old Cerberus 3. Do you perhaps know how to gain money?

don’t get near her when she’s swinging her sword about!

Azul is completely ghey! took ages to work out magic > guns on him and another tip Limit breaker = full potion thing
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I reccomend P cerberus. The M path has terrible stats.

Equip the Lucky S Barrel, it doubles teh amount of exp you get. Take gil instead of experience. And die. A LOT. Prefferably on a level you already pick up a lot of gil. Pick it up, die, and get gil instead of exp (which is doubled thanks to your lucky s barrel). Repeat.
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 01-21-2007 at 04:16 PM.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

omg thank you so much ... this really helps. now i am able to gain that P cerberus gamma thing