Thread: edgy graphics with ATi card

Default edgy graphics with ATi card

Does anyone have any suggetsions to smooth down the graphics with an ATi Radeon X1800XT. character models, weapons and armor look a bit edgy depending on what angle they're looked at. I have the FFXI model viewer and all the textures in it are very smooth and shiny, however in game this is not the case. Anyone have suggestions. If it helps i'll list my specs down here.

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 @ 2.2ghz, Socket 939
    2GB Corsair XMS
    ATi Radeon X1800XT 512mb

I can't use anything like the Omega Drivers because they're 32 bit, does anyone know of anything i can do. Screenshots i've seen online look way better than what i have on my screen.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

Perhaps you could change the settings to FFXI which can be accessed in the program file list in the start menu. Just set everything to uncompressed and high resolutions -- also, you could do the regedit trick where you go into the registries of FFXI and change some values.

There was a link somewhere around here that I had posted that can help you with that.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I have the settings maxed out, everythign uncompressed, bump and mip mapping enabled, highest resolution possible. I was able to smooth some stuff out in the ATi drivers settings such as the Catalyst A.I and turning on some temporal AA. I'll try and find that regedit trick, thanks for the help.
    How I mine for fish!?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Ah, don't you just love how FFXI uses software rendering?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I actually had no idea the game used software rendering. That's kinda... sucky. Any idea of the game is Direct 3D or OpenGL?
    How I mine for fish!?