I've got FFIII on DS, and have been playing it quite a bit lately. I defeated (SPOILER)Titan and received the last set of jobs it looks like.

So far I have a level 40 party, with job skills:
Ingus:
99 Thief, 11 black mage, 8 geomancer, and maybe some 1-5s in other jobs.

Luneth:
40 Warrior, 20 Viking, 12 Dragoon, 24 Knight, 11 Dark Knight(the class that can kill dividing enemies).

Refia:
60 White mage, .... she really hasn't been anything else.

Arc:
10 red mage, 46 geomancer, 31 black mage, not much else.

I will change Refia into a Devout, but that is the only sure move I am thinking of at the moment. I hear alot about Ninja and Summoner, but the ninja will be weak for a long time against my thief. Thief with air knife and behemoth knife is doing 4500+ on regular enemies, and 9999 against wind weak. I do have Gungir, but the Dragoon's defense is not as high as the dark/magic knight. Black Belts seem ok, but defense is still a concern. Even the plate classes still seem to be taking a very large amount of damage from physical attacks, although its manageable. The geomancer is doing 2500 physical damage, and 1500-2000 terrain, but that is starting to plateau and I'd like more damage.

I like my Thief, Dragoon/Warrior/Viking/Knight, White Mage, Geomancer team... but do realize it is not as strong as some other teams.
However I feel ninja will be weak for a while, and I am hesitant about summoners. Are ninjas really that strong, and summons while powerful probably aren't plentiful like terrain. Or should I go ahead and change?

Basically wondering how a jlvl 1 ninja with no special equipment compares to a jlvl 99 thief. A jlvl1 Summoner vs a jlvl45 geomancer, and other comparisons with the new jobs.