Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Mana Spirits

Old habits die hard! And I'm back to fiddling with RPG Maker again! I've decided that I'm going to work with 2003 because I know the system well, and I've decided to make a thread on Eyes on hoping people will try it, give me some reviews, maybe volunteer to help too.

Here I am presenting... My game! Weeee~
    I have my first demo done, and thanks to rubah I have a place to put it. I hope that you guys will try it out.

Some of the ideas behind the game....
    1. Let's make RPGs hard again. The first demo is short and pretty easy but it won't stay that way.
    2. Homage. I'm putting some tributes to other games throughout. Since VTG hasn't gotten to make me any music yet, that includes Final Fantasy music

If your interested in downloading here's the Link, and instructions on how to download it....
    RPG Maker 2003's installer sucks so let me explain now...

Step 1. Download zip. Simple enough just use my link and download Mana Spirits. Edit: I realized your going to have problems reading the game unless you download a fonts I put that on the index as well download that too.
    Step 2. Extract the zipped stuff (simple enough)
    Step 3. Click the setup file AKA The Girl with the Sword.
    Step 4. You'll get a thing that looks like this
    Looks scary doesn't it?
    Don't worry, All you have to remember is A. Where the game is going (you can change that), then B. Press the LEFT box of question marks. The game will download and poof you have the game.
    Step 5. Remember Those fonts you downloaded? cut them, then go to wherever your game was sent, go in the file "font" and paste those fonts in there.
    Step 6. Almost done! Now go back and all the way down till you see "RPG_RT" which is an application file. Thats the button you press to play the game!
    Oh and if you want a quicker way to play the game you can copy the RPG_RT into your desktop

It sounds complicated but its pretty easy!
    I hope everyone gives me demo a try, a review... and maybe I'll get a few spriters or something

EDIT: I just noticed my game's name is a lot like Hero Spirits, I didn't mean that oddler, and if you want me to change it then I will whoops :0
    EDIT2: I'm gonna put some screenshots later. Oh and I'll be updating this thread with new demos and stuff like that
    EDIT3: For those who finishedI know that Argon's battleset is huge, leave me alone, I didn't feel like making a new one yet xD it will get done though
    EDIT4 xD : If you find a glitch or there's something wrong with the game, don't just laugh at me, tell me so I can fix it
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 12-18-2007 at 10:06 PM.