Hey, I am almost done with X. I have about five to ten hours or so. I'm at Gagazet Mountain. Anyway, it is a great game and all, but when I move on to the next one, I want it to be the perfect one for me. I'll tell you a bit about myself:

I hated Final Fantasy III because I felt it was overly cheap and difficult. I wrote a twenty paragraph review on it, but I'll sumarize it: I felt the battle system relied almost entirely on the level of your characters. There wasn't much strategy to it, other than pressing the "Attack" button every single time. I also hated losing two hours + data from getting pwned by a final boss. I felt it was extremely stupid that I couldn't save right before a battle. I know people like it because it makes them not go, "Not a real threat. I can just try over again if I lose." But I'm not that kind of guy. I don't like anything be overly difficult. I played this game for over twenty hours.

I hated Final Fantasy XII because of the battle system and all... the stuff I had to do. I guess the storyline wasn't bad, but I didn't like any of the missions. And it seemed to be rather slow paced. I didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing. I guess it takes awhile to really build up to the mission. I didn't play it for that long.

After these two (This was in the course of two years, actually.), I was beginning to have doubts about the series. Then I played Final Fantasy X, and it really changed my perspective on the series.

I thought X had excellent character developement, and I liked how all the characters had different views and reasons to fight. Also, the seven main characters all had enough dialogue, and none of them felt left out. Obviously Tidus and Yuna are a bit more important, but Wakka, Rikku, Kimihari, Lulu, and Auron all were given enough attention.

Also, the battle system was spot on, as well as the leveling system. However, I thought it had a major flaw to it. I hated the fact that I could rotate all my characters in and get the same amount of XP for all of them. I thought this was kind of "cheap" and boring, because I would just rotate six guys in and defend, then have the seventh attack. I could expand on this, but I think you get the idea.

The storyline mixed into the gameplay perfectly, I thought. It was kind of slow paced, and I prefer the game to be shorter. I think that the length could've been cut down considerably, and I absolutely hate level grinding. I also don't like overly dramatic characters, and I like villians that I can love to hate, like Seymour. I don't need fancy graphics, but I do like it to be artistically stunning with the setting. I really like badass main characters, but Tidus was fine, I guess.

In short:

About a twenty hour game. Not overly difficult. About the same difficulty as X at the end of the game. Cut-scenes that don't go on for too long, and a storyline that doesn't seem to drag on. Badass main character in place of Tidus. Battle system that awards XP as the way Pokemon does it. A battle system that actually requires strategy, like X; not III.

Yeah. Which one should I play? Out of I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and XI?

Thank you very much in advance. Sorry I wrote so much. I didn't mean to.