This may seem like a strange post, but I am interested in the concept of tropes (so much so I always wonder whether any of my writings count as tropes).

These are examples of things that I have noticed in several mediums as described as best as I can. I am typing them as I think, so I may update this. My question is if they count as tropes, and are named on a site like TV Tropes.

1. A character being cloned in someway, and having to prove that he or she is the real version so the other character can kill the clone (or at least recognise the real one). This is usually done by the real one either giving a heart felt speech, telling the friend to kill both versions (meaning s/he must be the "good" one) or doing something else that proves s/he is real. Sometimes averted/subverted (still learning trope-talk) when the clone tries this.

2. A (usually female) character who's hair covers one eye. Later on in the movie/series her hairstyle will change, exposing the hidden eye. Usually this is when the character has become stronger emotionally.

3. The characters meeting a legendary figure (a historical figure, or a mythological figure), and then doing something that the "figure" is famous for doing or saying something the figure is famous for saying. The figure will make a comment along the lines of "That looked/sounded good, mind if I use it?

4. A scene (usually in a cartoon) where signs are shown, and the music fits the writing on the signs. This if you can't picture it (go to 05:47 to 05:55).

5. A Dream episode ending with something that implies that maybe it wasn't a dream after all (I actually hate this more than dream episodes actually - either it's a dream or it's not. Annoyingly no one ever mentions the episode again, so it is a dream.)

That's all for now, I may update as I think of them.