Speaking with RPGSite, Final Fantasy Director Yoshinori Kitase has hinted that depending on the success of Final Fantasy X and X-2's HD release, more classic Final Fantasy games could get the HD touch-up, and his first choice for said touch-up is Final Fantasy XII....

“We’ll have to wait and see if these remasters are going to be successful, first,” Kitase said. “If they do well, I think this will pave the way for more of the previous games to remade in an HD sort of quality.”

"I mean, if we had to single out one of the vast number of Final Fantasy titles which we could make in HD, it would have to be Final Fantasy XII” Kitase, however, does go on to say that although he had no part in the creation of the latest HD revamp, he is hoping that it's success can give old titles of the franchise a boost and trigger similar projects for them.

Released in 2006, Final Fantasy XII was a game which really split the fans, many didn't enjoy the very new battle system, but many also praised the innovative and fresh style that was planted into the game. Whether you liked it or loved it, you can't deny that it was Final Fantasy XII that was the first big change in the direction of the series - taking it from an old-school turn based style game, to something far more interactive and much more like MMORPG games.

I for one, was not a great big fan of Final Fantasy XII, I liked the characters and the story but I couldn't wrap my head around the battle system, so I never played it from start to finish. However now I'm a bit older and I've enjoyed a larger variety of games, Final Fantasy XII HD is something I wouldn't write off at all. What do you think? Maybe you're against Final Fantasy XII and you're still waiting for that big Final Fantasy VII remake.... Let me know in the comments!

SOURCE