Thread: Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance at the 2013 VMAs, and why I hate her now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance at the 2013 VMAs, and why I hate her now

Did anyone see Miley Cyrus' raunchy performance of her new single, "We Can't Stop," at the 2013 MTV VMAs"? She simulated many sex acts, including bending down with her glutes on Robin Thicke's pelvis, and popularized "twerking," which is a disgusting dance, during which she used the foam finger as a phallic symbol, at which the creator of the foam finger is disgusted at. The VMAs seem to attract controversy every year, whether it would be from raunchy performances like Miley's or Lady GaGa's, which was overshadowed by Miley's performance (not to mention Britney and Christina locking lips with Madonna a few years back), or other things, such as Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift after she upset Beyonce for the "Song of the Year" award ("You Belong With Me" beat "Single Ladies"), but this performance was considered by many to be downright crass.

To be honest, I HATE Miley Cyrus now, for what she has become. She used to be nicer as her retired Disney alter-ego, Hannah Montana, and early in her career as herself, she was also pretty good, but seeing what she's become now, I can't stand her anymore. I mean, how in the world did she go from something so wholesome to something so raunchy?!

The song "We Can't Stop," which contains the line "dancing with Molly," referring to drug use (though some people can alternately interpret the line as "dancing with Miley"), is from her new album, entitled Bangerz, which will be released soon, and on RCA Records, after she left Hollywood Records, where all of her prior albums came from, and according to Wikipedia, it will have a Parental Advisory sticker on it. Her next single is called "Wrecking Ball," and in the video, she goes COMPLETELY NUDE. Now, I haven't seen the actual video, but I have seen screenshots of it, which were too racy to be safe for work (or school, for that matter).

Like I have stated many times before, I have never actually watched Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel, but I liked her for her music from that show. What got me into her music was a few other relatives who did watch the show. If you were to quiz me on whatever went on during the course of the show, I would do very poorly, but I still liked her music back then. I've also noticed that many of you on this forum have hated her since the beginning, but do you hate her more now than ever, because while I liked her back then, I absolutely despise her now.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 09-14-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Is that your final answer?