Thread: Superbosses

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superbosses

So my chances at getting a PS3 have taken an unexpected rise due to some money coming my way. I plan to get me a nice new copy of Star Ocean 4 when i do get my console and this time around I wanna tackle the infamous Gabriel Celeste and Ethereal Queen.

That inspired this topic. All the FFX/X-2 HD naturally had me thinking about how tough the Dark Aeons an Penance must be. Apparently the Monster Arena Creations are so much nothing compared to them that you will have to grind on the one group of bosses to prepare you for the other.

And of course in FFXII I could barely beat the one Hunt in Paramina Rift...the big Wyrm. So I'd obviously be toast against Yiazmat or Omega or any of them.

Thing is though I never had much interest in fighting superbosses in FF. I play FF for story. It's different for Star Ocean.

So all that was rambling/me making excuses for the fact I'm a lousy gamer. I just wanted to know what people on here think are the toughest superbosses in the Fin-Del Fantasy series or any other JRPG you have played?

EDIT:

Hold on! I did bet a couple "superbosses" in my favorite JRPGs. They weren't very hard but they were still way tougher than the story bosses so they count.

i beat Great Joe in Xenosaga 1 and the chick who hangs out on the Kukai Foundation.

In Episode III i beat Omega-ID and Erde Kaiser Sigma. Sigma would have been a ightmare if you couldn't almost instantly destroy him with a simple combination of Blood Dancer, the accessory to reduce Ether Usage to 1 and Dark Erde Kaiser. After that you can solo him with MOMO and the real challenge is making sure you don't beat him early. Gotta finish him with a Special Attack to get max bonuses.

Episode 2 had superbosses and I'm sure they were the hardest of the lot. But that game sucks.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 04-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.