Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Default The Sedorra Style Guide

This post is here for GMs to edit with the official stylistic choices for the Sedorra Role Play. Until then, I will give some suggestions for making your posts easy to read and how to keep everything consistent with the other RPers.

Line Breaks
    Remember to use line breaks! You should hit enter twice whenever somebody new is about to speak or think, or whenever you have a new idea in your prose. If in doubt, hit enter a couple of times and continue onwards!
    OOC:"So I do it like this?" Jiro asked."Just like that," Sir Cloud said. "It makes it clearer."Jiro smiled. "Wonderful!"

Spoken Dialogue
    OOC:"Dialogue should look like this," Jiro said. "Single or double quote marks is fine; the jury is still out on that, but all punctuation should appear inside the quote marks. Oh, and don't forget: use a comma if you have attribution afterwards, or a period if there is no attribution after the end of the sentence."

Internal Thoughts
    OOC:Thoughts should be represented like this, Jiro thought. He hoped they would understand. They are pretty clever, after all.

Telepathic Communication
    OOC:"If you are telepathically communicating, please represent it like this. That way we know you have impressive psychic abilities," Jiro said, projecting his thoughts directly into the minds of the RPers.

Attribution
    Attribution is the act of assigning dialogue to the speaker, so the reader is able to understand who is saying it. It is commonly done after the dialogue, but does not necessarily have to be, and it does not always have to appear. Attribution is only not needed when it is clear who is delivering the dialogue. Attribution need not always be the character's name; sometimes a pronoun is more fitting. Be careful that you use it clearly though; incorrect pronoun-antecedent use can make your writing incomprehensible.
    OOC:"Attribution sure is tricky," Jiro said. "I hope they can understand."
    Sir Cloud replied: "I'm sure they will."
    "How can you be sure?"
    "I have faith that you explanations," he said with a grin, "are adequate."
    "Right you are," Jiro said.

If you have any concerns or queries, do not be afraid to ask me or another savvy wordsmith. This is a learning experience for everyone, and it should be fun. So have fun!
    Last edited by Jiro; 05-04-2014 at 03:52 AM.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.