I'm a Harry Potter fan. I was introduced to the series in the 3rd Grade and continued reading them ever since. Those books are a major influence in my writing and naturally with the impact they had on me I would like to see some new Harry Potter games and something that could set itself apart from the others is a Harry Potter RPG that's somewhere of a mix between the Persona series and Rockstar's Bully.

There was a couple Harry Potter RPGs for the Gameboy Color and Advance already, but nothing to this scale. The premise of the game could go one of two ways: It could be based in the Ministry of Magic and the player can take the role of an Auror catching dark wizards or you can play as a student in Hogwarts where the Persona and Bully influences come into play which is what I'll be focusing on. It should have an open world vibe to it like Bully, but with the social interaction and RPG elements of Persona.

Naturally I see the map being Hogwarts Castle and the grounds, The Forbidden Forest, and Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley would only be available before each school year starts. You'll be able to buy the supplies you need then, but you can buy them during the school year via owl, but they will cost more. The design is to get the player to plan for the upcoming event ahead of time. The premise would have the player solving a mystery around the school like the first three books. There would also be side activities such as Quidditch, a dueling club and other clubs for side activity.

Characters stat growth would be grown through dueling students and magical creatures, attending classes, and certain magical items. One of the most distinct things about Hogwarts is its housing system and upon starting the game you would choose your house. I was thinking it could be done in a similar fashion to Pottermore where its determined through a set of questions, but if I would do it, I would make it a lot better than Pottermore. It would ask more personal questions and you would also perform a few tasks and depending on how you solve them would factor into your house score. An alternative is just to have an option to choose your house directly. Whatever house you get into would determine the location of your save point in the game and has an affect on your starting stats and which characters you can recruit to your party, thus making the story a bit different each time. Being a Slytherin would differ from the other three almost completely. Winning the House Cup would grant you approval with others in your house and could get NPCs to do favors for you. Also, getting the House Cup seven years in a row would grant you a secret ending or perfect ending. Of course let's not forget customization. You can fully customize your main character's skin, gender, face, and the hair and the skin color options would be good and there will be plenty of afro textured hairstyles to choose from and they won't look like trout.

I wrote a lot more than I intended, but that's the gist of it. Would you like to see a Harry Potter game with this sort of premise? Who should develop this game if so?

TLDR; I basically want to see a big scale Harry Potter RPG that takes elements from both Bully and Persona.