Recently I've had this feeling that I, and a lot of the members of some of the more passionate fanbases I'm a part of, generally consume media in a different way from the way most people do. I see a lot of people taking a watch-it-once-and-be-done-with-it approach, trying to give as many different works as possible a shot and rarely ever going back to ones they've already completed.

While I on the other hand have the tendency to invest a huge amount of time into a select few works, replaying/rewatching/rereading them again and again, dissecting and discussing them, continuously listening to soundtracks, getting caught back in that feeling of experiencing it, for months. And while I'm sure the other group of people I've described have a select few works they have the same level of investment in, I feel rather alone in doing this with, well, pretty much everything I consume. Conversely however I am much more picky about which I even give a try in the first place; everything I start I already expect to be (really) good.

So which do you prefer? Do you prefer to give as many different creations as possible a try? Or do you prefer to take your time exploring and enjoying every single facet of the works you do choose to consume? Why or why not?