Thread: Love and Hate are one in the same.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Love and Hate are one in the same.

Was reminded of this topic by browsing old threads. The way this thread works is pretty simple: List all the FFs you've played. With the entries you love, you must say a criticism against it, for the games you hate, you must something you like about it. I would appreciate it these were all legitimate praise/criticism and not just "it was too awesome" or "I loved the part when I threw the game away". Look deep into yourselves and find that bit of annoyance or small tiny bit of joy these games do provide. Also list whether you like it or not.

P.S. Bravely Default is not an FF Fynn.

************************************************************************************************

FF - Liked, not a fan of how unbalanced the classes can be. It's obvious the game favors melee.

FFII - Liked, dungeon design was pretty lacking, and there were a few dungeons that seemed to be there to pad the game length.

FFIII - Liked, Again, the jobs were bit unbalanced in both versions. Also the final dungeon gauntlet can kiss my ass.

FFIV - Liked, lacks the thrills of other games in terms of gameplay options, I also wish Edge was more useful.

FFV - Liked, Story was a bit weak, which is a bit sad because the cast was very memorable.

FFVI - Liked, Game is sadly unbalanced, unless you never grind, you'll find the game to be a cakewalk, especially be the last third.

FFVII - Disliked, Great world design and musical score. It was all very provacative. Shame the Compilation couldn't recapture that magic.

FFVIII - Liked, the plot is a mess and Junctioning is too exploitative.

FFIX - Liked, plot kind of falls apart by Disc 3 and I feel Zidane and Garnet take too much screentime away from more interesting characters.

FFX - Disliked, the world is very interesting in concept despite some logical flaws in it's foundations. I like how it parallels Japanese mythology and culture.

FFXI - Disliked, Vana'diel might be one of the best worlds crafted by Squenix. Also I love the backstory for Blue Mages.

FFXII - Liked, pacing is off but seriously the randomized treasure chests and kooky bazaar design are irritating.

FFXIII - Disliked, Sahz is an awesome character and probably one of the more original characters to pop out of the series since Vivi.

FFTactics - Liked, takes forever to grind job levels and maxing out things feels pointless.

FFTactics Advance - Liked, hated the job skills being dependent on equipment, especially since there was a bit of a pacing/randomization factor that made 100% completion a nightmare.

FFTactics A2 - Liked, Story and cast were a huge letdown. Also the game failed to fix the problems from the earlier entry.

FFX-2 - Disliked, Spherebreak was a hell of a lot more fun than Blitzball. The non-linear nature of the game was also welcomed.

Crisis Core - Disliked, I enjoy several of the fanservice shout outs, also Cissenei might be the only good character to come out of the Compilation.

Crystal Chronicles - Liked, the game is only really fun when you have four player co-op in action. It sucks as a single player experience.

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - Liked, I get the fact that we're trying to build the game around a more cooperative atmosphere where no one class/type dominates, but did we seriously need this many support classes?

TheaterRhythm Final Fantasy: Liked, Song selection can always be better considering how many awesome tracks there are in the franchise, also, not a fan of the special treatment IV and VII got in the game.

Dissidia: Liked, grinding for gear takes forever and no online versus mode.

Dissidia Duodecim: Disliked, significantly better interface for story mode made this feel like the game we should have gotten first since it feels more like a Remake of the original. Also Kain and Laguna!

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Liked, kind of got tired of the constant barrage of timed special events to obtain new characters and gear, which detracted from the main game.
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 08-23-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Forgot some entries.