Looking back at the Nintendo era, I was young, impatient, and my imagination was pretty much limited to Transformers. I didn't finish any NES games until I got a new one a few years ago.

My next console was the PlayStation. With the exception of Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics, I finished pretty much every game I played.

A few years into owning PlayStation2, I became less interested in finishing games with actual storylines. I wasn't sure precisely why and blamed it on my need to explore and collect things in-game. Truthfully though I think it's because there's little to no point to finishing a storyline anymore as you can read about it online at any time. Yes, those of us who want an unspoiled experience can put on horse blinders and try to avoid any information about the game, but it's just not a realistic solution. Honestly, there is no solution. There's no way to prevent spoilers about the story, so you either retain interest in seeing it for yourself... or you just don't.

That ends up being part of the reason I just don't finish any game anymore. There's no point in rushing to the end when I already know what happens. I may as well stop and take a look around. Who knows? I may stumble onto something everybody else missed... or not.