I used to treasure this series when I was a tween/teenager, but lately, I just don't have the feelings for it as I did many years ago. The magic seems lost? I'm not really into future Final Fantasy games anymore, but the older games still feel fun and great. Kingdom Hearts just feels like a cluttered, disorganized mess. The story just feels too made up on the spot. I mean, there are Youtube videos out there for fans who are confused about what's going on, even for the most hardcore KH fan.

The first game is alright, wacky and strange, but it's alright. The story makes sense, the characters feel like the typical RPG cast, the music is good and even rivals some FF games, and the only really thing negative about it is that buggy camera. The Square and Disney characters join up idea was bold and charming. Nothing really wrong with the original.

However with the GBA title and KH2, things just go off rails, things go insane and not in the good way. The gameplay with KH2 improves greatly from KH1, but the story is just, bad. Fourteen year old me will despise me for saying this, but the story is smurfing terrible.

Then all the all spin-offs come and then the "btw they are not actually spin-offs, you actually need to buy these games to understand KH3 BS " comes. smurf that. That's how you know that KH's whole entire story is just being made up as everything goes along.

Yes, you can buy all KH games in a collection now, but a few years ago, Square wanted you to bust out a PSP, DS, and GBA for all this to understand KH3. That is ridiculous. That's maddening.

KH started out as a surprise hit, but it's transformed into an ugly mess. I just cannot get into the series anymore. The magic is gone. Poof ! Gone.

Does anybody else feel the same ? Or have I just become that old jaded asshole?