So one of the most interesting things about the SaGa Frontier remaster SE recently announced is that they took a famously unfinished game and opted to actually finish the game proper this time by adding back a bunch of cut content, including a missing eighth playable lead character. So it didn't take long for someone to wonder if SE would consider giving Xenogears the same treatment if a remaster was ever considered.

Granted, while I can imagine SE may go a remaster route for Xenogears 25th anniversary (2023 baby!) I don't think they'll change anything outside of a few QoL changes. The second disc would remain mostly unchanged unless SE partnered with some of the original core members to make this remake whom have all left SE by this point. Things I would point out here is that while the SaGa series has often put back in missing content such as the PS2 remake putting back in a ton of missing quests and characters and now the stuff with SaGa Frontier, the SaGa series still has several of their prominent creators still working for SE including the series creator.

So the question is would you be interested in a remaster, and if so, how far would you hope they go?