I play a game called Destiny, fairly religiously as well. I sherpa a "raid"", a game mode that involves 6 players to play together and with each other to complete levels and puzzles, every Friday.

I ran into a player who joined my post, and it turns out that he is deaf. I'd never want to lose more than I already have, and I couldn't possibly bear to lose my hearing. I am already disabled, so I am not as a competitive player as I used to be, but I couldn't imagine losing my hearing and playing.

So I am going to spend this upcoming week working on visual aids and a written description of how I am going to teach the raid, like a lesson plan. I am going to make maps of the arena, and man, that really breaks my heart that something is hindering his gaming experience. I don't know what kind of assistive devices he utilizes, he never got back to me when I messaged him about creating aids to help him out, it definitely made me think though.

There are so many gamers who are just so oblivious to actual experience of the game, like all the individual moving parts. This is why I find it so difficult to trash talk players online, and why people whom trash talk me just don't get why I do agree that "yeah, I am crap". Lately though, I have been doing these game modes called "Nightfalls", they are three-player team missions with varying difficulty, and I am below the recommended level, and when I search for players through lfg, a lot of players refuse to play with me because of the presupposition that I am garbage, or that I am going to make the mission take too long. I played with these two guys, they were above my light level, one was even above the recommended light level, yet I was the guy who ran around reviving them. Yet I played with another group and one was about my light level, maybe one or two levels higher, and his buddy was a whopping 17 light levels below the recommendation. Needless to say what takes me and a team of players around my light level on average 35 minutes, this took us just over an hour. But I used to be that guy, so desperate to get a team and try a high level nightfall. Yet I was never rude about it, I just tried to hold my own. There are some players though, they don't have that respect for other players, the ones that deal with the bullying, and grind to get their level of playing up.

So I imagine, that if I was deaf, how the heck would I be able to experience this part of the game with these idiot players. I've been in raid groups where the team would tell me wrong information, then call me garbage because I couldn't do enough damage, or I die because I am trying to cover these other guys. Imagine if I was deaf though, or if I didn't learn in a reasonably normal way, or that I couldn't communicate. How difficult would life be as a gamer, how would life be different in their eyes. I couldn't imagine my life without gaming or music, I wouldn't even understand what there was left to do in life. Sure, there are other things I know, but gaming has played such an important part in my life, just as music has, when I got into my car accident, my family brought my PS2 and an Mp3 player to me while I was staying at the rehabilitation facility.

I'd be nothing without gaming, why wouldn't I want to help give someone a chance at having similar experiences? I want you to think how gaming has helped or shaped you lives, I be thankful that you have had experienced what you have through gaming. I came to this forum for Final Fantasy, because most of my family didn't enjoy these types of games.