Thread: What non-game reasons do you support or not support a publisher/developer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

Default What non-game reasons do you support or not support a publisher/developer?

If you are the kind of person who chooses to support or boycott things based on principles, what is it about a video game publisher or developer that makes you choose so?

Their business practices? Their workplace environment? Their engagement w/ their fanbase?

Some quick, simple examples are, say, Motion Twin has no titles or positions in their company. That's pretty cool (and they make a great game). Motion Twin should get my money. Or the opposite being Rockstar does not credit employees who worked on their games if that employee is not employed at the time of game going gold. That's not cool. I don't want to give Rockstar my money (btw, these are just for the sake of thought-processing. You don't have to explain specific cases).

Or, do you just not give af and buy whatever games/franchises you like to play, simply for the gameplay/story/etc?

What if you were one of these ppl who support/boycott out of principle and a long-loved publisher/developer started to become gradually scummy over the years? Would it be difficult to no longer buy their products?
    Last edited by cheesesteak; 12-14-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    - Dr. Cheesesteak