It feels like not much has changed here except the faces and voices I remembered have been replaced with dust bunnies and creaking floorboards. Shells of memories scattered all around-- memories once vivid, now blurry and distorted by the doppler effect from the speed of life moving forward in its relentlessly linear acceleration.

I joined here almost 17 years ago. I just turned 32 a couple days ago. It's been over half my life and the lights are still on, even if no one's home.

I was a weird kid. No idea how people dealt with me back then, but I'm grateful they did. It was a pretty dark time in my life, I needed the ability to connect with others in positive ways.

Dropping by here unburied some core memories and formative experiences that I can't help but wax nostalgic over, especially after changing the forum style to its objectively correct fluffy puffiness.

I don't really have much else of value to say. Just kind of a strange (and mostly pleasant) feeling browsing the same forums I used to browse as a kid on my mom's computer, except now I'm on my own computer, in my own home, in my own office.

(SPOILER)I still should have been a Cid's Knight at some point. Just sayin'.