Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: explanations. *serious spoilers. do not read uless you hae completed the game.*

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Default explanations. *serious spoilers. do not read uless you hae completed the game.*

ive been replaying FF8 and have just watched the ending sequence and i think i understand most of the stuff but id like some confirmation.

1. when rinoa is ejected into space and her life support system is low. how does she survive? if i remember correctly something strange and impossible happens and she somehow gets more time. i think its something to do with fate and the FF8's time is set in stione theory but im not too sure. im quite sure the part in the ending sequence where its shows a breif scene of what should have been rinoas death had a lot to do with it.

2. im having a little bit of trouble understanding the ending sequence. i know it makes sense but square sure does make it nearly impossible to understand how it works.

when squall keeps on having visions of rinoa (including the one of her death.), what does this mean? once again i think i understand it but im not too sure.

ans how do they get back to the flower fields? i think rinoas sorcery is the explanation for the feather and how rinoa manages to save squall and how suddenly the clouds part and sun shines on the field.

have i answered my own questions? if not please tell me what ive missed out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

They got back to the flow field because Time Compression settled and the 2 of em agreeed they would meet there member.

the ending is supposed to be Time recovering from the affects of Time Compression.

Rinoa did not die in space because Ulti didnt want her to die cas she was actually her ^_^

i didnt say she died. i said she should have (not that i want her to die.) but thats still the part im unsure about that. and can we keep the R=U to a minimum. i love the theory but i dont want it clogging up this thread.

It was only a joke.

And you kinda answered yourself when you asked how did she survive if she was low on fuel

Then Squall caught her and gave her some of his oxygen.

I'm just going to copy and paste a chunk from the Time/Ultimecia FAQ at GameFAQs which explains the ending.

PRELIMINARY NOTE: The fact that TC reacts to thoughts/feelings/memories and can be influenced by willpower is based on what Laguna says in his speech about "Love, friendship and courage!!!" prior to entering the Lunatic Pandora. Now, from the FAQ:

[...] As time de-compresses [due to Ultimecia's defeat], the party are able to get back to their own time in the same way that they got to Ultimecias time; by concentrating on where they want to go, and believing in eachother. However, Squall is still not able to fully rely on his friends, so he is not able to make his way back. Instead, he ends up at the Orphanage in the past, meeting Edea and giving her the idea of SeeD and Garden. Ultimecia then arrives and gives Edea her powers. You might ask why she goes to exactly Edea and gives her her powers, instead of some other random sorceress. Considering that TC reacts to thoughts and emotions, an answer seems at hand. According to the Tutorial, Sorceresses are believed to want to avoid spreading their powers too thin, so Ultimecia would be wanting to find a sorceress so she can die in peace. But on the other hand, she also refused to yield to Squall. This means that the two strongest things on her mind after defeat would be a sorceress and Squall. It should then come as no surprise that TC sends her to Squall and a sorceress at the same time!

Squall then makes another attempt at getting back, but yet again fails, and gets stuck in some sort of timewarp; a mixture of various times, reacting to his own thoughts, emotions and memories (not surprising, since TC functions in the same way). As said above, he ends up alone in a barren wasteland because he is still stuck in his 'lone wolf' attitude. As he tries to simply walk his way out of this place, he realises eventually that he's not getting anywhere, and that he's stuck. Affected by these thoughts, the time warp now alters, and when Squall turns around, he finds that he is literally stuck on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere. Collapsing, he starts thinking about Rinoa, and yet again, the time-warp he's in reacts to that, but since his emotions are full of despair and hopelessness, what he sees is inevtiably tainted by just that. Because of this, he sees his memories all twisted, and even sees things which haven't happened(like Rinoas helmet shattering in space). Finally, he collapses from the strain. There is some dispute whether or not Squall dies here or not, but either way, what happens next is the same: Rinoa, through her love for Squall, is able to make her way to him and save him (remember that emotions were the key in this situation). As they embrace, they both break free from the time warp, and can proceed to the Garden, where a big party awaits.

It should be made clear now, that if we were to stay on after the end of the game, we'd eventually see Ultimecia be born, rise to power, and conquer the world. But before she'd be able to compress time, Squall and Co would arrive from the past and kick her ass. Ultimecias inevitable rise to power would be a necessary sacrifice for her defeat. One good thing is that if Odine is correct in his assertion that Rinoa was the only sorceress left after Adels defeat, then Ultimecia puts an end to the succession of witches forever. After all, she would be the only sorceress of her time, and she doesn't pass on her powers to someone in her own time, she passes them on to someone in the past. This means that after Ultimecias death, there would be no more sorceresses!

---

Hopefully that clears up some things. If some things about the ending still seem confusing, please ask in more detail.

VERY BRIEF SUMMARY: TC reacts to thoughts/feelings/memories, so because Squall is still a 'lone wolf' he ends up alone and sees only twisted images due to his feelings of despair influencing his memories. Finally though, Rinoa is able to use her love for Squall to find him and wake him up/ressurect him, and using their combined love, they can make it back to their own time.

I have a question too...i canīt understand it...but here it goes:

How can Zell eat so many hot dogs in a short amount of seconds?

He's had a lot of practice, if you know what I mean

*cough*

>_>

Personally, I think that Rinoa survived for two reasons. For one--as I recall--Squall managed to make her 'hear' him, though whether that was because of their bond, because of Ellone's power, or because of Rinoa's abilities, I don't recall. I think that, because of this, Rinoa's Sorceress powers sort of 'kicked in' subconsciously--as they tend to do in Angel Wing. The Sorceress power, especially that of powerful Sorceresses, can do just about anything, so conjuring some viable air until Squall could reach her is certainly within its bounds, even if she doesn't have the skill to do so intentionally.

As for Time Compression, I'm pretty much with Sir Bahamut--and I'd assert that if Squall was closer than most people could survive to death, the combination of Squall and Rinoa's bond and Rinoa's untapped powers could have revived him. Of course, I like to think that Ultimecia didn't destroy /all/ of the other Sorceresses in her time, but that one's just something I like, not something I have much basis for.
    -Q

Banned

Default The Succession Continues...

The Succession of Witches continues with or after Rinoa. Ultimecia's defeat basically made sure that all this was 'Fated' and the Sorceress Power continues in a temporal loop of time.

She didn't activate the 5 minutes of spare air until Squall contacted her. She just passed out before that.

Couldn't she have held her breath?

i dont think you can survive in the vacuum of space for very long without air even if you do hold your breathe. im still pretty unsure on how she actually managed to survive in space though.

ryushikaze. do you mean there was still 5 minutes of air but she couldnt activate it until squall contacted her and woke her up?

Maybe it has something to do with FE's theory about them being in a different time (far into the future) while they're in space. Yes, Obel Lake flooded... gosh, that was such a random theory...

Thank you Hysterian!

This just proove how Rinoa is dumb..itīs like this:

Squall:"Rinoa donīt die!"

Rinoa:"OMG i canīt breathe...h-e-l-p."

Squall:"Have you used the emergency button!?"

Rinoa:"*gasp*Ahhhh no...this thing?"

Squall:".............whatever...."

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    i dont think you can survive in the vacuum of space for very long without air even if you do hold your breathe. im still pretty unsure on how she actually managed to survive in space though.

ryushikaze. do you mean there was still 5 minutes of air but she couldnt activate it until squall contacted her and woke her up?
    Yeah. She didn't know it was there. And it does mesh with her releasing the plate, pushing the button, and air rushing in.

And she wasn't in vacuum, she was in an excess of CO2.