Thread: Leveling up your SeeD level

Default Leveling up your SeeD level

i know that you can level up your SeeD level by doin the exams, but ive been wondering, does anyone know what the computer regards as bein a 'good SeeD'? so that it levels you up when you get your salary? I used to think it was what you did in battles that determined if you levelled up or down. but now i seem to get it without fighting any battles, just walking around a place like.

So anyhoo, anyone got any ideas?

-Gull-

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

I think the more battles you fight, the higher your SeeD rank gets, and if you don't fight it goes down or something.

SeeD level depends on how you fight I believe. I could be wrong but, my SeeD level tends to progressively go down because Squall dies a lot since I always have him in critical state (more renzokuken!). I think that's why mine always goes down. 'cause I sure don't run often

Banned

Certain things in the game also raise your SeeD level, such as not messing up on the mission on President Deling's train.

I think my SeeD rank went down because I crashed my car into the train once.

From what I have seen, it's impossible to maintain a level "A" SeeD rank unless you follow the storyline completely without stopping to level up, play card games, sidequests, etc. Basically, don't bother getting you SeeD rank to the max.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_seed_rank.txt

That's how the SeeD rank is calculated.

I always thought that it improved if you took part in and won more battles and go down if you ran away from battles.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It doesn't affect it if you run away. You just get a point for killing a monster, but if you get deducted ten points every time you get paid.

Therefore, once at SeeD rank A, you have to kill ten monsters if you want to keep it then go back to your world travelling.

Also, certain things you do in missions, like how much time you want in Ifrit's cave, affect your SeeD level.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Actually, the amount of time you choose for Ifrit's Cave is irrelevant, it's how much time is left once you've completed it. The longer the difference is, the less points you get. The trick to getting a full score of 100 on this little bit is to pick any of the time limits (40 minutes is the safest really), and defeat Ifrit at your own pace. Once it gets to the experience/ability points/items won screen, put down your controller and walk away. You cannot get a game over if the timer (which is now invisible) hits 00:00 at this point, but you do get accredited the full score. I think all of that's covered in the FAQ Endless. linked to (btw, you're not supposed to direct-link to the FAQs on GameFAQs, they specifically ask you not to)
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea