After reading a couple of guides on how to get Tournesol, I decided I would put in the blood, sweat and tears on obtaining the greatest of great swords. Besides, who wouldn't want to wield the most powerful weapon in a game? After several hours over the course of several weekends(I only play 2-3 hours at a time) I managed to sell the right goods for The Sunflower to appear at the Bazaar and then handed over 600,000 gil to have my very own Tournesoul. I immediately headed out from Mt. Bur-Omisace with my new toy equipped to lay the smack down on some wolves.

I'll cut to the chase, I was severely disappointed by the damage output. Basch had a Genji Glove and Masamune equipped prior to obtaining Tournesol and was like a speed freak with the number of hits he was laying out and the total damage he was dealing. Equipped with Tournesol, he just couldn't match the damage he was dealing with Masamune.

So is there something great about Tournesol that I'm missing? My party makeup consists of Basch as a tank with Masamune, Vaan as support/stealing/misc with sword/shield and Ashe hanging out in back throwing magic around. Tournesol doesn't seem that great to me. I guess if you're someone that doesn't enjoy the challenge of bosses and don't want to fight Gilgamesh, or you enjoy item farming, then Tournesol is an alternative to obtaining a pretty sweet weapon, but anyway I look at it, Masamune is a better weapon than Tournesol, which surprised me.