Thread: Replaying Chrono Cross

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Replaying Chrono Cross

So I was kind of monopolizing the Favorite Cross Characters thread and that isn't cool. I'll just make my own topic for my second run.

This is in response to WK....

Yeah I think you told me about that Miguel = Chrono theory back when I first played C. Of course, I don't recall Chrono having a Holy Dragon Sword. And Serge actually has Luminare. Hm.

But speaking of Miguel, I am about to enter the Dead Sea. Wish me luck.

I went over to Nikki's ship as cats to see him talking to Irenes, spied on Fargo as cats to see him looking at Zelbess' mirror, I talked to Nikki before leaving the Zelbess... That is everything to make sure I can finish the sidequest, right? Now I just proceed with the plot?

Also I'm really wondering if i want to use Sprigg. She has like one good monster right now. Does she learn Dopplegangers from being in the party or is it just anyone you fight and defeat?

I also have Draggy, yay! He's so adorable. He succeeds where Poshul failed. Everyone loves him, for starters.

EDIT:

I never really stopped to think about it before but Funguy's and Van's reason for joining the party is because our heroes are after the Frozen Flame. Only...they're not? I'm not even sure what Lynx-Serge's motives are right now. He was told to head to the Sea of Eden so maybe that's his goal? Or is it to get back to Another World? There's also trying to figure out what happened to Viper, the Dragoons, etc..

But searching fro the Frozen Flame? Not really a goal at present.

EDIT 2:

I went to recruit Starrky but I want to trap Ultra Nova and I don't have a trap for it yet so I guess he'll have to wait.. And Miguel has Holy Light too, right which you can also trap. Sadly, even if they were purchasable in the regular game, they aren't here. I just have to hope I stumble upon one of them.

EDIT 3:

Okay, I kinda lied. Wasn't ready to enter the Dead Sea yet. I remembered the Garai fight, just didn't remember it was now. That is another reason I'm doing this replay - my memory of this game is very fragmented. I remember broadly what happens but details and order of events elude me.

But anyway, Garai. He hits like a smurfin' truck. Lynx is the champion and does like 200 per Level 3 Attack but he also gets chewed up by Garai and can barely survive any of Garai's Elemental attacks, even with Diminish. The fight was Lynx doing damage, Radius and Janice trying to keep everyone alive. I hadn't planned on using Radius but it felt appropriate for plot reasons. Plus he has good stats all-around.

But man, now I'm paying attention to stats, Lynx hideously outperforms everyone in Strength and HP. Only Draggy comes close in terms of HP. His magic is only a bit better than Irenes and she has better Agility so that's something i guess. I was thinking about using Irenes, mainly as a healer. But her HP sucks. Maybe give her the Kung Fu Shoes and she can become an evade machine.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 03-12-2018 at 02:39 AM.