Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First day of college.

Blog Entries

Default First day of college.

I woke up at four and my classes today are Essentials of Public Address and European History: 14th to 18th Centuries. Both classes are two hours long. I'm doomed.

So, how's college goin' for ya?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Today is my first day back and I have to cross a picket line, start stressing over the vast amount of projects involved in my program and my extra curricular's work load. Bring it on

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

8am start in the morning and straight into three hours of politics. Other than that, 's cool

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm in high school, you meanies. :sad:

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

On Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, I have to be in my class at 8:30 am. Being that I'm a commuter, and my commute can take up to an hour, this is awful.

The other two days, my class starts at 11:20 am, which is much better. But then I have a 3 hr break between that class and my final class, which doesn't end until 5:20 pm, so I'm driving home in massive traffic. .___.

The classes themselves this semester are great, the schedule is a little painful though.
    Last edited by Rye; 09-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had to come in at 8am today when my class doesn't start until 6pm cuz the stupid school is on strike and I have to get here before 3pm to get my student ID so I can get my discount bus pass. The last bus leaves at 8am then at 2pm and if I take the 2pm one then I get here at 3:10 which is too late.

I hate my crappy town.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    commute can take up to an hour
    ugh, yeah I forgot that. My trip is 40min one way on average. When everybody drives like a normal person it takes about half an hour. It has taken over an hour before though

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

All my classes are after 2pm . Japanese is 6 hours a week wtf.Where you going to school kentarou?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Awful! College advisors are my nemeses. I was dropped the day I registered, so no classes for me this semester. I was looking forward to school after a year-long break.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    European History: 14th to 18th Centuries.
    EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 3: THE CLASS

YES I AM JEALOUS

*coughs*

Anyways I got my Bachelor's Degree in '07 and haven't been back to school since. I'd really like to go back. Maybe if things go well with saving up money this year...

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel better about my commute now. It only takes like 25 minutes from the time I leave my house until I'm parked and walking on campus to my class already.

Also, I've been in school since the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Awful! College advisors are my nemeses. I was dropped the day I registered, so no classes for me this semester. I was looking forward to school after a year-long break.
    Why were you dropped?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm jelly! .___.

My plan is to be graduated by the end of August, so hopefully in a year from now this commute hassle will be a thing of the past.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I feel better about my commute now. It only takes like 25 minutes from the time I leave my house until I'm parked and walking on campus to my class already.

Also, I've been in school since the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Why were you dropped?
    I had a block saying I couldn't register until I saw an advisor. Due to my work schedule leaving me a one hour window to see an advisor, and advisors not wanting to do anything an hour before closing, I didn't actually get to see one until the payment deadline. So I show up an hour before closing that day, and I'm like "hey dude, I just need this block to go away okay?" and he's like "yup, all clear hey let me help you pick classes" and this has always always turned out bad, but I had the degree plan right in front of me and knew exactly what I wanted to take, so I figure nothing can go wrong. But something did! I asked the advisor to register me for two classes. Neither of them were valid. One had been canceled, and one...I don't know what happened there. The printout showed the correct class, online it showed some other class in the department that I was not eligible for. I can only assume the catalog is smurfed up. So when he clicked register, instead it registering, it was actually like, "whoops! You can't take those classes, but we'll save them to a 'preferred list' for you anyway." I don't know if he didn't know or just neglected to tell me, but I went home without knowing this. I get on the computer, see I have half an hour left to pay, and when I bring up my account, I see that I owe nothing. And that isn't right. I mean, it's college. So then I see what's up, and try to register for different classes, and I find one, one class that is on my degree plan, isn't full or canceled, and fits my work schedule, register it, and whoops half hour is up.

But I guess it's my fault for not getting assertive early on

I love my commute. It's only a 3 block away from my apartment!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My schedule is all over this semester. Mondays start at 2 and ends at 8 at night with a 2 hour break. Tuesdays and Thursday are from 11 until 2:30, though after 1 it's work and if nobody shows up it's like free time. Wednesdays are 9:45 to 3:30 with a long break between classes that I use to do some homework or goof of. Friday is from 9:45 until 11.

I walk from campus to my house. It's 25 minute and it's quite relaxing. If I get a ride it's a 3 minute drive.