Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Weakest story aspect

What do you think is the weakest part of FFX's story and why?

-I don't know how to put it strongly into words, but Tidus's and Yuna's relationship could've been a alot more.... closer ? They love each other ? Hold hands, embrace, hug, keep each other close. The only time that they do is is the spring lake scene- then they're pretty separate from each other and then Tidus goes into this ' This is MY story ' rant.

Yuna is on a suicidal mission basically and they feel so separate from each other after the spring lake kiss- and then when they defeat Yunalesca and break the thousand year old tradition- Yuna knows that Tidus is hiding something that he knows would make her upset- and yet- they are pretty separate from each other.

This may because it's a Japanese game and it's part of Japanese culture to not show public affection ? But Squall/ Rinoa and Zidane/ Dagger all show and display public affection for each other. They kiss, hug, embrace etc.

- Tidus's ' This is MY story ' ! Phase during the Zanakand/ ending part of the game, it comes out of nowhere basically- Auron gives the story speech pretty much during the mid- beginning of the game and then about 20- 30 hours later, then Tidus adopts on Auron's speech ? Not to mention it makes his character selfish and highly obnoxious when he's supposed to be worried about Yuna sacrificing herself to Sin and he's supposed to be maturing and growing up during the adventure. Not to mention it's Yuna's story- Tidus is just basically a lost sheep for most of the game.
    Last edited by maybee; 12-20-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Auron: "Sin is Jecht"

Like, ok. But, what? Really?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

The Yu Yevon fight was stupid and terrible. Jecht should've been the final boss. End the game with the knowledge that you've defeated Sin, but that all of your efforts were ultimately futile and it's just going to repeat itself. That would've been cool and meaningful, I think. But nah, gotta save the world.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    The Yu Yevon fight was stupid and terrible. Jecht should've been the final boss. End the game with the knowledge that you've defeated Sin, but that all of your efforts were ultimately futile and it's just going to repeat itself. That would've been cool and meaningful, I think. But nah, gotta save the world.
    I don't mind fighting Yu Yevon so much, but I hate that you're given auto-life. It takes any kind of urgency away from the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    I don't mind fighting Yu Yevon so much, but I hate that you're given auto-life. It takes any kind of urgency away from the fight.
    Yeah, auto-life was a bit of a strange edition to that fight.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Does the awful clothing count ? Whatever Wakka's wearing and whatever Seymour is wearing is very off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    Yeah, auto-life was a bit of a strange edition to that fight.
    Jecht is the final boss though. I don't think square meant it any other way. Anything after Jecht is just some events that could've been a cutscene but they made it playable. I respect that. I never considered Yu to be the final boss, not even on my first playthrough. The auto-life, i think, is a hint to that basically saying you've done it, now we're just wrapping things up.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Does the awful clothing count ? Whatever Wakka's wearing and whatever Seymour is wearing is very off-putting.
    I know, right? People's clothing options are so stupid in X, particularly Seymour. The Spira clothing industry is the REAL villain of FFX.

Plus, Lulu would sweat like a pig in her big fluffy dress in the tropical climate at the beginning of the game, whilst most of the main cast would have frozen to death in the mountains. Why couldn't the main characters have had costume changes? It's not like they were in a massive rush, they could have bought and changed into new clothes during their stopovers. Ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    The Spira clothing industry is the REAL villain of FFX.
    Agree.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Auron: "Sin is Jecht"

Like, ok. But, what? Really?
    "Look at me, I'm Tidus! I'm a famous sports player from Zanderkand who embarrasses all his friends acting like an ass, and my father's a giant space whale!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    "Look at me, I'm Tidus! ... who embarrasses all his friends acting like an ass

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    "Look at me, I'm Tidus! ... who embarrasses all his friends acting like an ass

Not... adequate... at all? Vaan in general is very level-headed. He only did this because they needed a diversion.