Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41418192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 UK Football Season Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Michael Owen is actually the worst human being on the planet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahaha, just found out Blackpool are now in the Europa League as Fulham suffered a red card and a couple of yellow cards. I once again feel like justice has been done. So long as they got SOMETHING out of playing the right way this season.

Glory, glory Man United

EDIT: Michael Owen, 216 appearances for Liverpool, 0 Premier League championship medals. 30 appearances for Manchester United and he's got one.

EDIT: With Birmingham holding the FA Cup, I imagine this will be the first time we'll be having TWO championship sides also playing in the Europa League. :S
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Michael Owen, 216 appearances for Liverpool and the love and admiration of the best club in Britain. 30 appearances for Man United and the glory-hunting pricks don't give a damn about him.

I don't suppose you understand or value that, though so I'll rephrase it in terms you do understand: Little Mickey, Ballon d'Ors won with LFC: 1. Ballon d'Ors won with MUFC...

PS: Birmingham don't hold the FA Cup.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh yeah. Well, you know, runners up spot, but same general point regarding UEFA.

Articles

Birmingham were not the FA Cup runners up. That was Stoke City. Birmingham won the League Cup!

Honestly I thought you were some sort of statistical fiend. My illusions and dreams are being shattered before my very eyes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Winning the Carling Cup is being the runner up to the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Michael Owen, 216 appearances for Liverpool and the love and admiration of the best club in Britain. 30 appearances for Man United and the glory-hunting pricks don't give a damn about him.

I don't suppose you understand or value that, though so I'll rephrase it in terms you do understand: Little Mickey, Ballon d'Ors won with LFC: 1. Ballon d'Ors won with MUFC...

PS: Birmingham don't hold the FA Cup.
    A Liverpool fan calling United fans glory hunters....smurfing hilarious. And eh, United are the best club in Britain. FACT.

Blog Entries

>Any regular in the football thread claiming to not be a glory hunter

Apart from myself, obviously

there was a picture here

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    A Liverpool fan calling United fans glory hunters....smurfing hilarious. And eh, United are the best club in Britain. FACT.
    Oh behave.

If Torquay United were as successful as United have been over the past 20 years, several of the other United fans on EoFF (Loony BoB at the very least!) would be Torquay fans. I don't count you among that, though, I know you supported United before they became United plc and I don't mean disrespect to old-school fans like yourself when I say that. As for Liverpool fans, well, I started supporting us in the Graeme Souness era, the very beginning of a 20 year spell that has been the worst in LFC's history for success and glory, so I don't know how you can call me a glory hunter. What glory am I after? The thrill of competing for 3rd place? (even that's a distant memory) If I actually gave a I'd have jumped ship to United years ago.

Also, there's this story about World War II I'd like to relay to you. The US navy had recently overtaken the British navy as the biggest in the world, and a British ship was docked alongside an American one in port.

Cheeky yank captain sends a message "What's it like serving alongside the biggest navy in the world?" British captain sends one back "What's it like serving alongside the best?".

In the same way, there's a lot of clubs I think are better than United, even if they don't have anywhere near as many trophies. Hope this helps

I'm tired of being called a glory supporter just because I support Man Utd. When I say I'd follow them down to league 2 if I had to no one believes me

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Oh behave.

If Torquay United were as successful as United have been over the past 20 years, several of the other United fans on EoFF (Loony BoB at the very least!) would be Torquay fans. I don't count you among that, though, I know you supported United before they became United plc and I don't mean disrespect to old-school fans like yourself when I say that. As for Liverpool fans, well, I started supporting us in the Graeme Souness era, the very beginning of a 20 year spell that has been the worst in LFC's history for success and glory, so I don't know how you can call me a glory hunter. What glory am I after? The thrill of competing for 3rd place? (even that's a distant memory) If I actually gave a I'd have jumped ship to United years ago.

Also, there's this story about World War II I'd like to relay to you. The US navy had recently overtaken the British navy as the biggest in the world, and a British ship was docked alongside an American one in port.

Cheeky yank captain sends a message "What's it like serving alongside the biggest navy in the world?" British captain sends one back "What's it like serving alongside the best?".

In the same way, there's a lot of clubs I think are better than United, even if they don't have anywhere near as many trophies. Hope this helps
    Yes, I was there as a kid of the 80s getting abuse everyday from glory huntingf Liverpool fans. I made the mistake of following United for 2 reasons, first is because of the Irish connections in Whiteside, Stapleton, Moran, McGrath, Donaghy and of course Best, Whelan, Blanchflower etc of the old days. Secondly, my Uncle. My Da actually supported West Ham (lived in Islington in the 60s). I had to live off the odd FA Cup now & then while every little where I lived followed Celtic or Liverpool. I'm not calling you a glorty hunter but I'm saying if you live in a glass house don't throw stones. Liverpool's fanbase was built on their past successes. Most their fans now here & outside Liverpool that are over 35 could be labelled as such. Anyway I can't speak for Bob's motives or anyone else I just seen u label United fams as glory hunters and reacted.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If Torquay United were as successful as United have been over the past 20 years, several of the other United fans on EoFF (Loony BoB at the very least!) would be Torquay fans.
    Hey, jerkface. You're so wrong about this, just like you were wrong when you denied getting chlamydia. I didn't even know Manchester United were successful when I started following them. I knew they'd won stuff, but hey, I was told by my brother in law to follow "Liverpool, the most successful team in England's history". I just ended up following United because I happened to watch them play Liverpool and for the first time since I started watching football, I was actually entertained for longer then five minutes out of the ninety (this would probably be after struggling to watch five or so Liverpool games and falling asleep during each of them - just as I had when watching England games, which I have since given up on entirely). If I'd watched Arsenal first, I'd probably have been an Arsenal fan. If I'd only started watching football this year and had watched Blackpool, I might have even been a Blackpool fan! But no, Manchester United's flowing, attacking football reminded me of the Auckland Blues or the All Blacks and that's what got me interested in them. Not trophies (I didn't see United win a trophy for at least a couple of years after I started following them), but entertainment value.

If I was a nice and proper glory-hunter, I'd probably have turned out as either an Arsenal or a Chelsea fan after a few seasons, given they were the victors of the first three Premier League seasons I followed.

Having said all that, if I started watching football when United were not as entertaining (and I won't pretend to assume that they were entertaining for every moment of their past 100 years) I'll openly admit I probably wouldn't have ended up a United fan. It was simply a case of them being the first entertaining team that I got to know, and once my heart picks a team, it's set for life. I understand Liverpool were rather entertaining in older days, maybe if I started watching around those times then I would have been a supporter of them after all. But that didn't happen and now they're a pile of .

PS. And don't pretend you didn't get that chalmydia from Gerrard and Carragher. And don't deny that you passed it on to your mum!

Articles

it's no fun for me if you ADMIT you know it's a wind-up! just pretend you don't know and you're really angry! I'm sorry, it's just that all the Arsenal fans have now left and I have no-one to make fun of, so you're next in line.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Fine, edit coming up.

EDIT: There you go.

EDIT: Fixed the smileys, too.

Articles

You'll never be as good as charliepanayi or Resha. Never.

JUST LIKE UNITED WILL NEVER WIN AS MANY EUROPEAN CUPS AS US HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO