Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Four Eyes

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Right now I'm wearing Acueve Oasis contacts, but I normally wear my DKNY spectacles. That's why I purchased dailies, because it's more common for me to wear my glasses these days since I have a dry eye condition.

I'm a pretty common prescription: -2.50 in my left eye and -3.00 in my right.

Blog Entries

My vision isnt that bad, my prescription is somewhere around a 1. I actually didnt wear glasses for a long time, then I finally found some that I like. I wear them all the time except at work and I dont get headaches nearly as much as I used to.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I have good eyesight! I don't think I'd mind wearing glasses if my eyesight got worse, though.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I have apparently perfect eyesight. I think I was just having a good day though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I used to be -3.25 or so in both eyes, then I got eye surgery. It is really the best decision I have ever taken.

However; old habits die hard, I still bring my hands to my face when I go to bed, to take my glasses off.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I have terrible eyesight. In fact, it's only gotten worst w/ time.

I worked in a different department a few years back & spent most of my mornings staring @ a computer screen formatting a report into a spreadsheet. Then in the afternoons I would do a check-off of all the items on said spreadsheet, adding up totals. Thankfully I transferred.

I ended up having to get a 2nd pair of glasses, because my eyes would have a hard time focusing on the computer screen. I only use those 2nd pair @ work (even though I should use them any time I'm on the computer).

I never go w/o my glasses. I won't get contacts because there's too much dust @ work, & I can't see a thing w/o them.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My contacts prescription is -7.25 (and I think glasses' prescriptions are generally a little higher than for contacts). So yes, I am virtually incapacitated without glasses/contacts.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    My contacts prescription is -7.25 (and I think glasses' prescriptions are generally a little higher than for contacts). So yes, I am virtually incapacitated without glasses/contacts.
    Christ, can you make out anything without your glasses or is everything just a grey blur? I have a hard enough time functioning without my glasses with a -2.5 prescription.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Glasses or contacts for me, all the way. My eyesight's abysmal; I'm legally not allowed to drive without corrective lenses, not that I'd ever try since I'd cause an accident and probably die within seconds.

I wear glasses myself. I don't know the exact numbers for my eyes but I do know things get blurry about a foot from my face and just get worse and worse from there. I've been wearing the things for years, with this pair being my third. I 'm not all that fond of contact lenses, as I hear you can get parasites from those....

Blog Entries

I'm near-sighted. I can't see far away.

The plus side is that my sister's gf has slightly worse eyesight than I do, so she gives me her glasses whenever she gets tired of them & gets new ones (& she's kind of a snob, so they're always high-end frames). Saves me going to an eye doctor.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh man. I need a new pair of glasses. Or some contacts. I ran out of contacts a couple months ago. The glasses I've had are over two years old. And broken. waaay broken.

I need to either get new contacts/glasses, or sign up for eye surgeries. I get it for free. I just can't see myself being able to do it awake.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

I'm getting more blind everyday and do need glasses but I don't wear any. It didn't really matter or concern me at all until yesterday I was driving my friend's quad around a field and almost crashed. Then I realised if I ever want to learn to drive a vehicle I will need to get some glasses

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only started needing glasses in the last couple of years. I only use them for watching TV and driving. I've really noticed my eyesight deteriorate since having them though so I try not to use them too often.

I also use them whenever I go to Old Trafford to watch Man Utd as I have trouble making out who the players are. Trying to tell the difference between Alex Buttner and Tom Cleverley is nigh on impossible... especially when they look identical and they are both equally crap.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Christ, can you make out anything without your glasses or is everything just a grey blur? I have a hard enough time functioning without my glasses with a -2.5 prescription.
    Everything is blurry, but I can see colors and shapes. I have to hold things within inches of my face for them not to be blurry. I cannot see any text on my computer monitor (or even that there is text) without glasses. I haven't even been able to read books semi-comfortably without glasses for a good 13-14 years.