Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New Job revealed. This time it's a Scholar

Default Another New Job revealed. This time it's a Scholar

Osaka Altana Festival - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia wiki

The scholar is well versed in white and black magic, and in addition has Scholar-specific white and black magic. It is not a copy of the Red Mage who uses all sorts of magic; instead, this job combines certain job abilities with the casting of magic. In addition, different mage support jobs will have a significant effect on the usefulness of the Scholar.

By the way, there are no times use books as weapons.
    Firstly, there are several abilities which are the basis the actions, "Grimoire of white" and "the Grimoire of black". This is similar to the Samurai ability Hasso and Seigan, as for the scholar himself white magic is proud state and the black magic whose While changing proud state, it means to act.

Because effective time of ability itself is unlimited, the image which has always been put in either state.
    When using Grimoire of white, recast time of white magic becomes short, and consumption of MP somewhat decreases. In addition, recovery/holy/strengthening skill to be raised totally, furthermore just in Grimoire of white active ability enabled. On the other hand, black magic MP consumption increases, recast time becomes long, but changing between white and black magic abilities is easy, so one must select which ability to use according to circumstances.

When Grimoire of black is used with scholar as a support job, a bonus is added to black magic. With these mechanisms, it reaches the point which was many a thing where the ground pill and the absorption quantity of the drain increase even with the white mage, the resist are done to the enemy with respect to case and can utilize also para is and so on magic sufficiently.

The scholar has the ability in order to manage magic skillfully mainly. Only in Grimoire of white and black the ability which can be used is a plural, but these have shared reuse interval. Also fulfillment of contract of the summons loyal retainer has shared reuse interval in the same way, but in case of the scholar there is a mechanism which saves this recast. For example, assuming that recast had the ability of 4 parts, when if 1 time you use, 4 minutes it does not wait normal ability, you cannot use the next, but in case of the scholar because recast can be saved up to maximum of 3, continuing ability, 3 times to use, also kind of it is possible.

Scholar specific magic: "The magic which gives" the magic the powerful slip damage which "changes the weather of the party member of the object" Changes the weather as for the magic which was seen the eye which changes is not the case that, but the actual weather how that, due to this magic the weather takes precedence. Not only on-target hit ratio and the damage of magic, are not moved also it is possible with only the weather of specification to move the effect of the arms which.

Look! You also can invite players into your Mog House! =)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

They also revealed some new Dancer shiz, and it ain't ladies onry. =) Thats probably already been said but just incase.

I can't wait for this goddamn expansion!
    jkhkjg

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Also it appears that the gobbie bag will be increased to 70 items.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yea I'm not going back to that evil game!!!!

Very interesting idea, but the AF looks awful...

Party in Del's mog house!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm a taru, you all can't fit in my house.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

WotG in general almost makes one regret having quit. Almost.

I want that hat on my Tarutaru.

Guess I'm going to have to start playing again. The question is should I stay in my current server, or transfer out? Hmm...

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think both the dancer and scholar outfits look cute on females and wretched on males. My god, how horrible dancer looks on males.

I wouldn't mind having the school girl outfit.

And yay, now a REAL reason to make your mog house look pretty.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

omg the female scholar AF is Kawaii xD...

The whole Grimoire system sounds interesting enough ^^~

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Scholar was introduced originally in FFIII, right? I wonder if this means that some time in the future we might see Viking as a possibility. Perhaps Viking might be configured as another option to fulfill the role of tank. It's certainly about time we get some more options to fulfill that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I think both the dancer and scholar outfits look cute on females and wretched on males. My god, how horrible dancer looks on males.

I wouldn't mind having the school girl outfit.

And yay, now a REAL reason to make your mog house look pretty.
    What part of this don't you just LOVE?!

...XD

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He has a flower on his head. A flower. On his head!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I think he looks hawt.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Scholar was introduced originally in FFIII, right? I wonder if this means that some time in the future we might see Viking as a possibility. Perhaps Viking might be configured as another option to fulfill the role of tank. It's certainly about time we get some more options to fulfill that role.
    Vikings used axes and their special ability was Provoke. Sound like any other familiar job...

I've not played this game for very long. Can someone please tell me why WAR isn't a good option for tank?