Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Last names for Sora, Riku, Kairi, and other kids?

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStarDust View Post
    just because she LOOKS caucasian doesnt mean she has a caucasian last name ya know...but hey.
    EDIT:whatdya know!her last name is hibbard. kai hibbard..hmm...meh.still doesnt sound right.even if it IS a real person...
    Her name is Kai Hibbard? How did you obtain this?
    Is that your final answer?

Blog Entries

First names dont work when finding out a race. Guess what... If it sounds Japanese and is made in Japan, It's Japanese!

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    First names dont work when finding out a race. Guess what... If it sounds Japanese and is made in Japan, It's Japanese!
    THANK YOU.and sm,i got it from the internet.digging.from the internet.

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

SM, you're making yourself look like a complete idiot. You're attempting to twist the names in American names, and it ain't working! Really, the JP names work the best, because they flow the best.

can you give yourself a break??theres not really anything that is going to change the fact that the japanese first names are going to make any sense with english last names...PLEASE just accept the fact that japanese last names are best!!and stop being so picky about THOSE as well...

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I'm not saying don't use Japanese names. Those names would be good ONLY IN JAPAN, and that's it. Use the Japanese names ONLY FOR THE JAPANESE VERSION. For the International versions, use English. I am categorizing names in two categories: Japanese and International. You are only giving me Japanese names, they're only good for Japan only. I need International names. They gave the FFVII characters American last names, so they can do the same for KH. There are some American people with the name "Kai", which "Kairi" is derived from, so we CAN give them International names. If you give me Japanese names, know that those names are for Japan ONLY.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 01-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.

why should they only be for japan??plenty of games use japanese last names,and the game is international.

In Regards to that Kai Hibbard Thing: Just because her name means something in Japanese, doesn't mean her parents read through a Japanese/English dictionary looking for baby names. Her parents probably thought itt was just a pretty name.

Last names aren't determined by race, they're determined by ethnicity. That being said, no one can have a 'caucasian last name'. They could have a French, Welsh, or Polish last name, but not a Caucasian last name. And why do you assume everyone is caucasian? I sense a very distinct Latin vibe from Kairi, but that's just me.

CelestialStarDust is right, Japanese names could work anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by YTDN View Post
    SM, you're making yourself look like a complete idiot. You're attempting to twist the names in American names, and it ain't working! Really, the JP names work the best, because they flow the best.
    QFT
    Last edited by Dynast-Kid; 01-05-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStarDust View Post
    can you give yourself a break??theres not really anything that is going to change the fact that the japanese first names are going to make any sense with english last names...PLEASE just accept the fact that japanese last names are best!!and stop being so picky about THOSE as well...
    i quoted myself because i dont want to type it again..

and al-bhed_kid0827 makes a point,names arent determined by race at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I'm not saying don't use Japanese names. Those names would be good ONLY IN JAPAN, and that's it. Use the Japanese names ONLY FOR THE JAPANESE VERSION. For the International versions, use English. I am categorizing names in two categories: Japanese and International. You are only giving me Japanese names, they're only good for Japan only. I need International names. They gave the FFVII characters American last names, so they can do the same for KH. There are some American people with the name "Kai", which "Kairi" is derived from, so we CAN give them International names. If you give me Japanese names, know that those names are for Japan ONLY.
    Ok. So if they were to dub a Japanese anime, they SHOULD change all the names into english? No, because then the fans all have a heart attack and riot at the producers.

Look SM, I think this thread should die now, before you end up looking like and even bigger moron.

are we even getting through to you??

Sorry, everyone. I just think those names should be for Japan only. I don't know about "Riku", but "Sora" and Kairi" sound a bit American to me. Maybe we can leave Riku Japanese, as I could figure that he's at least half-Japanese, but Sora and Kairi look more American to me. We pronounce the names in an Anglicized manner, meaning that we take a name from another language and make it an English name. When you anglicize a word, it becomes English. I learned that from Wikipedia. So maybe we CAN give Riku a Japanese last name, assuming that he is half-Japanese, but "Sora" and "Kairi" sound more American to me. When you give a Japanese last name, though, don't make it sound too Japanese. It has to be a name that Americans can understand.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 01-06-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Sorry, everyone. I just think those names should be for Japan only. I don't know about "Riku", but "Sora" and Kairi" sound a bit American to me. Maybe we can leave Riku Japanese, as I could figure that he's at least half-Japanese, but Sora and Kairi look more American to me. We pronounce the names in an Anglicized manner, meaning that we take a name from another language and make it an English name. When you anglicize a word, it becomes English. I learned that from Wikipedia. So maybe we CAN give Riku a Japanese last name, assuming that he is half-Japanese, but "Sora" and "Kairi" sound more American to me. When you give a Japanese last name, though, don't make it sound too Japanese. It has to be a name that Americans can understand.
    Face it, SM. Sora, Riku and Kairi are Japanese names, and they were meant to be Japanese. Also, don't believe everything Wikipedia says, it's not completely accurate. And stop trying to twist everything to make yourself right. You're allowed your own opinion, but it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by YTDN View Post
    Face it, SM. Sora, Riku and Kairi are Japanese names, and they were meant to be Japanese. Also, don't believe everything Wikipedia says, it's not completely accurate. And stop trying to twist everything to make yourself right. You're allowed your own opinion, but it's wrong.
    Then why did they name the Twilight Town kids Hayner, Pence, and Olette? Those names sound American to me.

they probably ARE english(theres no such thing as an american name) so go ahead and give them english last names.but why is riku HALF japanese??and why are kairi and sora not japanese??why cant they be japanese??