Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Turns out the 360 really did compromise the PS3 version

It`s normal for developers to not add some created pieces into the final stage.

But according to that article, the amount of deleted content seems pretty large. The 360 is obviously to blame. Here comes the question: would SquareEnix choose money over loyalty?

We all can hope that the deleted content can be part of DLC or the international version. True, they said that the international version may never happen, but it`s possible that they`ll change mind.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

My mistake, I recalled the 360 supporting HD-DVDs, but I guess I was just hearing about the discontinued add-on. The whole FMV compression thing makes perfect sense to me, the sizes just didn't add up.

Now I'm down to not giving a dam if the cinematics are rendered in slightly lower detail.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Sorry about necrobump, but totally relevant:

FFXIII Slightly Worse on Xbox 360 | NowGamer

Now all those PS3 fanboys can feel at least a bit superior in their miserable little lives.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Finally, an sensible article on this. I'm thinking about getting both versions of the game once it's released officially in the US to get a good look for myself.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Here comes the question: would SquareEnix choose money over loyalty?
    They're a business, loyalty is money o.o

tbh i onyl play on a ps3 never had an xbox an in all likely hood never will own a 360 or the next gen microsoft console. It's a bit of bad news for 360 fans but tbh XIII should've remained exclusive to the PS franchise if the 360 version was going to be less superior.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Why?

I own both systems and enjoy both for different things. When it comes to online MP I use the 360, however when it comes to split screen or single player I'm mainly a PS3 fan. I've been a fan of Sony's entertainment systems for a long time and Squaresoft/Square-Enix fan for even longer. But this here really makes me re-evaluate all of that. I'm pretty annoyed that they would downgrade the quality of a game to be "Fair" to both consoles. Fair nothing. They chose to purchase a system that doesn't support blu-ray so they get a sub-standard edition of the game. That's just the way it is. If you're system can't handle it just like if your computer doesn't have the minimum specs to play a game, you either don't get the game or upgrade your system. (i.e. get PS3) I'm by no means a PS3 fan boy, but if the system you purchased can't handle the software then it shouldn't get it. I'm disappointed to see Square-Enix go so hardcore to the side of capitalist greed.

-Without chaos there is no order, without order there is no chaos.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't really care how pretty the game is; if it's good then I'll like it, if it sucks then I'll hate it. I can still get enjoyment out of earlier FF titles and that look like my breakfast after I've thrown it up twice compared to the graphics we've got now.

I don't honestly believe they cut content out of the game either. Or, if they did, why the hell would they tell people. I mean, that's an idiotic idea.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Square-Enix Defends Linear Design In Final Fantasy XIII - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

I have no idea where to put this, so I'll put it here for now, at least.

Anyways, the game's director basically defends the linity of the game, by saying that it nchanges once the player reaches Pulse.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It's bad that they feel insecure enough about their game to go out and defend it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Now all those PS3 fanboys can feel at least a bit superior in their miserable little lives.
    Yes! Awesome! And I don't even own a PS3!
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

lol i defo don't feel superior playing a Ps3 but to be honest i've never felt the need to go out there and own all three consoles tbh i dont have enough time to play three consoles, i dont really have loads of time to play one now lol so i guess owning a Ps3 for me is just a choice i stuck with since day one the PS came out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hitman1984 View Post
    lol i defo don't feel superior playing a Ps3 but to be honest i've never felt the need to go out there and own all three consoles tbh i dont have enough time to play three consoles, i dont really have loads of time to play one now lol so i guess owning a Ps3 for me is just a choice i stuck with since day one the PS came out.
    I think people who own 3 consoles are either living very comfortably, or feel some kind of insecure need to prove to others they have a valid opinion. In a lot of forums people throw it out constantly in their posts and signatures as some kind of defense badge.

Regardless of which system you own there's enough worthwhile exclusives and multiplatform games to take up your time. The Wii may have slowed down a bit, but that's probably going to change this year with that new Metroid game coming out in June and all.