Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IGN: Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

If the remake comes I would like it to be rated 16+ so the swearing and stuff would be voiced.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

The first Metal Gear Solid got remade and stuck so closely to the original that it had no point and might as well have not existed. If a game is gonna be remade, there has to be changes or it's just the same exact thing. Why would anybody want to pay 60 dollars for every scene and line of dialogue they already own? I will not understand this for the rest of my life. Bring on the changes, and then you have a remake and the original and excuses to play through both. FFVII needs a new translation and important scenes incorporated in the main plot that were hidden in the original. And what's so bad about adding some parts and some new character development, either? I don't get it.

I'd like a remake, that said.

As long as the swearing and dialogue is intact, I'm fine with a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I totally agree, but I think, just play FF7 remake like a new game that has nothing to do with the original FF7, doing that way would make you a bit happier but yeah.
    That would strip away the whole point in remaking VII, if it's goal is to be approached as a completely different game. You might as well forget the whole project, if you're going to tamper with the original FF.
    I mean, if both of the remake and the original versions are totally different then we should at least pretend to play the remake game as a different game (don't tamper the original FF7). If we didn't pretend, most of us will be more disappointed. But I think the remake version will be fine to be honest, the producers may already knew our expections because all of us (hardcore FF7 fans) wanted them to remake FF7 in the first place. I don't want to forget the project, I actually would purchase and play it.

I'd rather buy the FF7 remake than the remake versions of FF1-6 because I'm a big fan of FF7.

Well, I really don't know the concept of remake. I'm guessing, it just spice the game up some more to interest people more, people liking FF games or SE want more money off us because FF7 is very popular in this case.
    Last edited by Serapy; 09-12-2007 at 12:31 AM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know how they said this "celebration of FFVII" thing is intended to last for another 10 years from the time of some speech or another last year? My guess is that the remake will be the very last thing they release. It'd close the circle nicely, and the intervening time will build up a lot of hype about it (Although I can't think of many games that could generate more hype, maybe Halo 3 and WoW 2, but that's about all that comes to mind).

I'd put my money - but admittedly not a lot of it - on a VII remake coming out on whatever the generation of consoles after this one is, rather than the current new gen.

Default Final Fantasy VII: Remake Confirmed (really???)

OMG, LT I just heard from a friend of a friend's mom's second cousin twice removed that my all-time favorite role-playing interactive simulator Final Fantasy VII is LT going to be re-made... and this is LT reliable info 'cuz they heard it from the hairdresser who LT does the hair of the guys who make the games. The plans are already drawn up so LT the only thing we have to wait for is the other projects to hurry and finish up and we'll LT see FF7's totally tubular remake somewhere in the late fall of '010. Oh, wait, did I say that right? Anyway, cross your fingers because Final Fantasy VII's totally awesome, uber-amped, graphics enhanced, so super sweet remake will be hitting stores near Thanksgiving of 2010.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

if they make 1 of FFVII, they'll need to redo all the other PS FFs.

They just remade FFI/FFII for the 20th anniversary special.

FF1 and 2 have been remade a couple of times now.

Anyway, after seeing Crisis Core, I have a pretty good idea of what FF7might look like if it were remade. It wouldn't be that bad, but I still ain't keeping my hopes up.

I could care less if the game is remade. Sure, it could be advanced a little, but in full 3D? I wouldn't play it again. I would just want some updated stuff, like 3D models that look similar to FFIVDS.

I'd love a remake and wouldn't care if it was the same exact game.

I think we should put something on the site to stop the remake threads from being created. Something like "Half the people want a remake on this site, we don't need any more remake threads unless its actually happening right here and right now".

If anyone creates a thread, they get warned and the thread gets deleted. If only it were put into use...

I've just remembered something that could deter Squenix from doing this remake: Cait Sith's obese stuffed moogle.

For Advent Children, Square-Enix pretty much admitted outright that after the difficulty they had animating Red XIII, they pretty much could not be arsed to animate Cait Sith's original ride (not in those words, I'm making a gross oversimplification here: let's face it, it never even appeared in the flashback, they went for some dodgy retcon in which Cait Sith was riding on Red XIII. The words that were used went something like "it would have been too much work").

Bastards, that always pissed me off. I told you game developers were lazy.

Grin

I dont know but it woud be cool
    we are the weapons destroy them ALL!!!!

At this point I'd wish they could get a remake done ASAP just so people will finally shut the frick up about it.

^ But then we will talk and talk and talk about how great the new remake is. Yay.