Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Note

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Death Note

Click here for episode one.

This is an extremely good anime series. I suggest you watch it. Has anyone else watched it? I just got past episode 25, and now I'm sad.

The summary goes like this. Light is an intelligent, but bored highschool student. One day while walking home he finds a notebook on the ground named "Death Note." He reads the beginning which states that anyones name written in the "Death Note" will die within a couple seconds. At first he thinks is a just a hoax that some highschool kid made to trick someone, but while writting in the name of a criminal, the Death Note's power kills the criminal.

You'll have to watch the rest for the later part.
    Last edited by Fonzie; 04-05-2007 at 12:45 AM.

I've finished the series. It's one of the best manga titles I've read in quite awhile. I am aware of the anime series but can't dl it at the moment.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

I've only gotten to around episode 14, but I love it. One of these days I'm gonna stop being lazy and watch the rest of the series.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've read the manga series and I do enjoy it greatly. Eventually I'm going to collect all of Viz's Graphic Novels.

I have yet to see how the anime is, however. I'll have to watch it and compare it, etc eventually.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

It is a pretty solid series, I really am enjoying it. It seems different from a lot of the anime I have been watching lately.

I've read the entire manga series. It's pretty great. I'm up to date on the anime, too. This particular even in episode 25 seemed to happen slightly differently than in the manga if I recall correctly. It was much more dramatic this time. And... homoerotic kinda. Foot massage? :P

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

O HAI IM FAN GURL.

I love DN! Although I've only watched up to Eps 20, since my connection to youtube is terrible. I want to have the manga but Fruits Basket from Tokyopop is currently is depleting me of funds.

I've seen some scanlations on the intarwebs, but I don't have the time to look at them one by one.

Happy Birthday to Me

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I've read the entire manga series. It's pretty great. I'm up to date on the anime, too. This particular even in episode 25 seemed to happen slightly differently than in the manga if I recall correctly. It was much more dramatic this time. And... homoerotic kinda. Foot massage? :P
    The foot massage was symbolic. You know the way Jesus washed his followers feet before he was going to be killed. Same meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by 41-Inches-Wide View Post
    O HAI IM FAN GURL.

I love DN! Although I've only watched up to Eps 20, since my connection to youtube is terrible. I want to have the manga but Fruits Basket from Tokyopop is currently is depleting me of funds. :(

I've seen some scanlations on the intarwebs, but I don't have the time to look at them one by one.
    Why don't you just download the episodes? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    The foot massage was symbolic. You know the way Jesus washed his followers feet before he was going to be killed. Same meaning.
    I never looked at it like that.

I enjoyed the series, for awhile. I own most of the manga, but haven't read it all yet. I stopped watching the anime around episode 19. It kind of fell into a slump, as most anime expectantly do, and I never got around to catching up again.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I started watching and finished up with the comic recently. It was good up till the end which was just poorly done. So much so that it makes me cry because most of the rest was so well written...for the most part. I have issues with somethings that happened and what was said. I don't know if that is a problem with the translation or just a lapse made by the writer.

Blog Entries

What download?
    I don't have that Youtube-downloader or something.

Happy Birthday to Me

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by 41-Inches-Wide View Post
    What download?
    I don't have that Youtube-downloader or something.
    Just watch the stuff on Youtube. It's what I do.

Blog Entries

Yeah I do that, but roto said something about downloading Death Note, which is kind of fantastic.

Anyway w00t to me having the death note scanlations vols 1-9!

Happy Birthday to Me

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

HUGE THUMBS DOWN TO WATCHING ANIME ON YOUTUBE.

Now that that's out of the way, I have been enjoying the anime through alternate higher quality methods. I agree, the foot massage thing in the latest episode was very, very awkward (as I'm sure it was intended). The Jesus thing did flash through my mind, but quickly left when Light started making noises and offering towels.

I've heard that the series starts going downhill in the manga after this point, so I'm not particularly looking forward to that. Still, it's been quite entertaining, standing out as one of the better shows from the last mediocre anime season.