Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yaaaay! Do it!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm following my own walkthrough to catch up so it's all the same as it was before. I have to say, I am awesome I don't know how I got the ragtime mouse that easily 4 times in a row the first time cause ugh i've only got him twice now. But really, my walkthrough is awesome and actually helps xD

Also also, I'm hilarious. Why have you lot never noticed?

You tell him your ticket was a fake and he asks if you want to be his slave. I dunno if this is some weird sex term or if he generally wants you as an indentured servant. I like to think it’s a sex slave which opens up a whole smurfed up outlook on this game.
    You’ll almost fall to your death but oh well, that’s not important what’s important is the random crap you can find on the rooftops!
    I'm cracking up rereading the things i've wrote xD Is that sad? Laughing at your own stuff?

Those jerks. Dagger shows them her tits and then you’re allowed to go see Cid.
    Last edited by Freya; 02-16-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I know, I've procrastinated enough. I spent all night catching up with all the extra stuff and what not so here you go!

Clerya Trunk:

First off,

Blue magic! The spells you can get here on the trunk is White Wind from a Zuu, Mantra Magic from the Dragon Fly, and Auto-life from the Carrion Worm. Otherwise, don't bother eating anything. If you haven't gotten the Chocographs I listed earlier yet, you can go do so now. Now back to the actual walkthrough bit. Head to the west to the Cleyra Trunk. More rats! How often do you get to say that? If you haven't already, equip all your fancy new stuff you bought when you were in Treno earlier.

Go to the main door and climb the stairs. There'll be a lever on the right, pull it. In the next room, on the right side, you'll find a chest with [Pheonix DOwn]. You'll need to head to the next screen where you'll find a chest at the bottom of the screen with [Magician Shoes] in it. Another hard to find chest is at the top and it has [Ice Staff] in it.

Go up the hill and inside. There is a chest that has an [Ether] Grab it! You'll see a hole, the only logical conclusion is to stick your arm into said hole. It's a switch. Lucky you it wasn't home to some vicious arm eating creature. Activate it. Return to the previous area and climb the vine next to where the sand is coming out. Continue through on the left side to the next area. There is a chest in this one that contains [Needle Fork]. Up the hill you'll find a [Tent].

You'll run into a moogle. You have a letter for him! Now for the first time since you've met the moogles, you wont have any mognet mail! Go left at the fork and you can get a [Flame Staff]. Now if you go across the bridge you'll get to a new area. This one has a lot of stuff. IT's cavey! In the middle there is a chest with [Desert Boots] inside. On the right there is a chest with [Remedy]. Take the path going up, it leads to the back where there's a secret path at the edge that'll take you to a chest containing [Mythril Gloves]. Also to a large crank Device. Pull the lever and go back to the big room!

Try to get your characters to at least level 15 here and make sure to eat the three monsters you can but mostly, a Zuu. You will want White Wind, it's handy! If you run into any sand golems with this running around, just hit them with a blizzara on their core. They'll die really easily. Otherwise they counter a lot.

Just left of that secret path there is a hidden chest with [Mythril Vest] in it. Take the left path and go up to the next screen! The box in front of you has a [Potion A right at the fork will lead you to an [Elixir]. The next zone has whirlpools. If you get close you'll get sucked in and have to mash the x button. Slow and steady wins the race. You don't NEED these boxes right now because later, the pools will be still and you can get them then. But one contains [900 Gil] and the other has a [Hi-Potion] in it. You'll have to fall in and hope you jump out the right direction to get out of these things. Once you do there is a chest by the ladder. It has some [Gysahl Greens] and that's the last bit before you climb up to the actual town of Cleyra!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I smurfing hate sand golems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Clerya!

When you get there, Freya will greet the other rats and you'll be offered a tour. You can take it but you might have more fun running around on your own. You can do whatever you feel like. Up the steps and to the right you'll find a [Pheonix Pinion]. Continue up and take a right at the fork toward the front of a house. On your right, among some flowers, you'll find some [Ore]. If you continue up the stairs you'll find Dan. You met him in Burmecia. He'll sell you some new equipment so you might want to upgrade. Go into the Inn and on the back left corner is an [Echo Screen]. On the lower right you'll find [1250 Gil]. Go up stairs and you can find an [Ether] in the cabinet. Talk to the moogle and there is a letter from Ruby to Zidane/Pierre.

Go back outside and on the right side of the inn you'll find [Remedy]. Continue up to the next zone. At the fork go up again and you'll find the churchy thing. I think of these rats as like cultist. Don't progress the game though. In front of the place though there is an [Echo Screen and inside it on the left is a [Yellow Scarf]. [i][Gysahl greens][i] can be found as you're leaving the area to the left. Go down the path and you'll run into a girl who'll sell you items. to the right of here there will be a [Phoenix Pinion] Take the left path to the area with the water well. On the right you'll find [Thunder Gloves]. Now you've done pretty much all you can right now!

You can just go from area to area if you want to watch all the ATEs. To progress the story, go to the Church thing and talk to the people inside. Then return to the inn. There's a scene and you have to return to the entrance of the town 'cause of a possible murder! You'll see it's your(Vivi's) Mastah from the beginning of the game, Puck! Then.... it's.... BOSS TIME

Boss Name: Antlion
    HP: 4000
    Steal: Annoyntment, Mythril Vest, Gold Helm

This fight isn't terribly hard. He has four attacks. Fira, Sandstorm, trouble mucus and Counter Horn. Sandstorm likes to bring your health to a critical Yellow so be careful of that. To battle it, make sure to use Quina's White wind or Freya's Reis Wind. This fight is pretty easy. It takes around 4 blizzara's but You will want that Gold Helm. You can't get it for a while normally so it really helps. Problem is, it is a hard steal. If you have spells such as sleep then it makes it really easy. You may want to use the tent trick but if you just keep using White Wind when you get down, you should be fine. The battle isn't a hard one.

You'll have a dancy scene! Yay dancing! And then things start to go wrong. Bad omens omg!

Alexandria

We'll be back to Irontoe and Marcus who have gotten themselves trapped in a cage. Opps! They'll chat a bit about that fat cow of a queen and then it'll take you to Dagger. Zorn and Thorn are being assholes and demand she goes to her momma. Queen Fattie comes in and tells you some bull story and you can choose to believe her or not. Kuja comes in and puts you to sleep with roofies while her mom stands and watches. This game is really creepy when you think about it.

Then they have her passed out on a slap, possibly going to gangrape her, when they start performing voodoo magics. They're taking your eidolons!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bulltrout. Antlion is smurfing brutal!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I have never had trouble with the antlion. You must be bad at this game. It's okay, follow my walktrhough and you too can be a badass!

Blog Entries

Plot Dino is back again ^o^
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I almost didn't notice! Welcome back Plot Dino, let's all become badasses at Final Fantasy IX!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Hoyeah!

Antlion is pretty annoying when you're trying to steal his trout, but I don't find him very tough to beat.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah IX just isn't hard in general. Good to see you back on this Freya.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 06-22-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I usually accidentally kill him before I can steal anything. Which is what happened in the walkthrough I'm pacing myself better this time so I don't get burnt out on posting these. heh

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Clerya

Check behind the harp for a random Eidolon drop. Once you have control of Freya, go to the Inn. You'll run into Stiltzkin. He'll have [Hi-Potion], [Ether], and [Phoenix Pinion] for 444 Gil. Save your game and you'll have some mail waiting for you. Start down the trunk and you'll run into Alexandrian Soilders. They aren't hard. Make sure to equip all those fancy new things you bought. If you didn't get the chests from the whirlpools already you have a chance to so so right now. Keep heading to the truck of Clerya. You'll eventually trigger a scene and have to head back to where the Antlion was. The moogle there will need you to deliver something for him. Save and it's time to pick directions! People who say that this game is kiddie hasn't played it because the black mages are just murdering people all over the place! Kiddy my butt!

You'll have a couple of Black Mages and Guards to fight but after this you'll have to make some decisions. If you do this correctly
    you can save everyone and get STUFF! First off, go right. When you meet with Dan's Family have them go left. Kill more guys and on the next screen tell them to cross the bridge to the right. Say that it's not safe yet and watch a scene. I wont spoil it for you! Talk to all the people you saved and you can get [Remedy], [Phoenix Down],Elixir], [Nymph Card], [Zuu Card], [Ether] and a [Phoenix Pinion]. Speak to Mopli the moogle and use a tent and save your game. BOSS TIME when you go outside

IXwalkthrough07.pngBoss Name: Beatrix
    HP: N/A
    Steal: Phoenix Down, Thunder Gloves, Ice Brand
    This is a timed one like the one you fought before. It's very similar. She has Ice Brand you might want but don't fret when you don't get it. Just stay alive and you'll finish this battle. Equip anything that is resistant to Thunder attacks and it'll be easier. Just survive!

Then they just leave poor Quina and don't even fret about it Jerks. Only one who says anything is Vivi.

The Red Rose

Not much to do here but some important plot points and cutscenes so pay attention! Climb the stairs and go west down the walk way. Watch the scene. It seems Beatrix has a heart you didn't know about! Oh she's so lovely *swoons*. Go back to where you were listening in to find the moogle, Serino. You have a letter for him! He'll give you a letter for Moodon. Find Vivi and agree to his plan.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quina should be left behind. It's the worst.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I always feel super bad if I don't protect all the Cleyrans

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.